magnet link won`t start in utorrent.

Linda2012

My problem is quite the same but I can't even have the link to my utorrent software. When i click the "get magnet link" it just loads the same piratebay page again.

I have the newest version of utorrent and I have to use proxite.me to hide the url cause my internet operator won't allow the piratebay site... Maybe this is the problem?

i have the same problem.. before i used to be able to download alot of torrents at once, now i can't.

i just put in 3 more torrents in uTorrent, and they aren't even downloading. DHT: 360 nodes as of right now.

my Firewall is allowing uTorrent, uTorrent (TCP-In), and uTorrent (UDP-In) to 'communicate' through it.

so...idk what the problem is.

• 1 month later...

I would like to express my problem too.

I am using utorrent 3.1.3 with firefox. (win &)

I am trying to download from pirate bay but unfortunately i cant.

I have enabled the DHT (from option and from the bar below) and the UDP but nothing.

No proxy no firewall no peer guardian

I tried also the IE but nothing.

Any advices?

• 2 weeks later...

Unsure if this will help anyone. I couldn't connect to uTorrent at all with Magnet Links using Firefox. I then found an article that said to insert a certain line of text into Firefox, can't remember what the line was now, but I have inserted a link. Open it and click the appropriate links I have mentioned in it. This then allowed me to choose what program I wanted to open magnet links with. This will only help if you magnet links don't automatically open up in uTorrent. I would suggest to all of you using any of the 3.1 versions of uTorrent to update to the 3.2 beta 27138 version. I didn't touch the 3.1 series at all as people seemed to have various problems with it. The 3.2 seems fine and even gives you the option of choosing only the files you want from Magnet Links. There is a newer version of uTorrent than the one I mentioned, but I'm hanging on a while as this also appears to have a few issues.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=117880

• 1 month later...

BOOYAH!!! SUCCESS!!! 2-3hrs of mucking around, I now am successfully 12% of the way through a magnet file in my uTorrent.. :cool: Open a chrome browser, install an app from Chromestore (magentme or magnet2torrent etc) it basically shortens/converts the magnet file to a torrent file.. took 2min to install, <1min to get magnet into uTorrent = happy camper!!!

muahahaha :lol: technology doth not thwart me!!! .. well, not today anyway :)

New Dell laptop with Windows 7/64

I saw all the messages telling me to upgrade to "more stable" utorrent 3.1.3. So I did. And it IS stable at a rock solid "0 kb/s" download speed. It never wavers, it never starts. Very stable that way. Three different computers, one of them uninstalled and reinstalled v.3.1.3 with same result. I read the forums, changed everything that was suggested with no help. I changed them back. I changed ports, Started, Stopped and ForceStarted... Nothing would make 3.1.3 budge. I tried stuff that seemed logical to me and things that seemed illogical... nothin'.

THEN... I solved the problem - I uninstalled Version 3.1.3 and installed 2.2.5 that had been hiding on a backup drive. All works great. I've done this on two computers, now, and both are working fine with 2.2.5

To get me to go back to a newer version, will require an authoritative explanation of why 3.1.3 did not work, and how it was fixed.

----

Sorry DeadEye. Good catch It is 2.2.1.25 that works.

• 2 months later...

I found that magnet links weren't starting automatically anymore. I think some settings were reset with my recent upgrade to v3.1.3 (27207), but I haven't found what they are yet.

However, reading through an early response in this thread, I went to the Trackers tab and everything was disabled. When I R-clicked and selected 'Use DHT', 'Use Local Peer Discovery', 'Use Peer Exchange' and '

Add tracker...' the torrent started downloading.

Archived