"error:files missing from job. Please recheck."

sebajun

When ever my files finish downloading, they ALWAYS get this error (^^^^^^).. My first instinct is to use the "set download location" function and then "force recheck".. which use to work until I now get this "http://oi44.tinypic.com/e9vz1c.jpg" -- then when I proceed to do the same thing, only some of them go back to seeding, the rest just say "checking" then back to "stopped" -- I require I fix for this immediately so I do not get banned from a website I am currently on.

Thanks a lot in advanced.

I'm having this issue with 73 torrents that I was seeding & the USB cable to the external drive popped out of the port.

I can't figure out how to get that message to go away for those 73 torrents.

(When I try to start other torrents that weren't seeding at the time, I get that error too.)

Rebooted, check the drive and cable, did a check on my system. And other programs that access the data on the drive don't show any errors. Just uTorrent.

When I do this, it starts redownloading the entire file -- which is even worse for what I want to do because then I have to seed 2 things of which 1 I don't have.

It isn't, you may think it is, and it looks like that with that message to the effect of (you've already got xxxxx.xxx, do you want to overwrite it?) but seriously, it doesn't redownload it if evreything's still there.

thomasnator is correct sebajun, i did this too and thats how it works, as long as the files are still there then they wont be deleted or anything, honestly, its funny sometimes how these programs work but, but thats all it is, just how they work.

• 3 months later...

I have the exact same problem as sebajun. It starts re-downloading and if I don't stop it I will have 2 copies of every file in the same location. I download mostly music and it seems like the error occurs after I add the files to the windows media player. Using the "add files" function of WMP doesn't change the location. I've had this problem for a few months now and I have a few files that are unaffected but they upload very slow. I used to have upload speeds of 40 kB/s and know it's about 1.5kB/s. Download speeds are unaffected. I don't know much about computers as I'm only self trained and I can't find many people with this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured out if I play the files in media player while they are seeding they show up as files missing from job, and when I shut off media player I still can't get rid of the error. For some reason I can't seed files while media player is using them or after media player used them.

• 4 months later...
I have the exact same problem as sebajun. It starts re-downloading and if I don't stop it I will have 2 copies of every file in the same location. I download mostly music and it seems like the error occurs after I add the files to the windows media player. Using the "add files" function of WMP doesn't change the location. I've had this problem for a few months now and I have a few files that are unaffected but they upload very slow. I used to have upload speeds of 40 kB/s and know it's about 1.5kB/s. Download speeds are unaffected. I don't know much about computers as I'm only self trained and I can't find many people with this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

All very strange. I moved all my downloaded torrents from my Download folder (which was getting too bulky) into a new folder in "Home". In torrent, everything immediately acquired an "Error" status. I did the right-click, recheck thing; each file went through a "checked 0%, checked 22.4%, etc." thing and now reads "stopped". So I don't understand why it's not working for you.

My question is: in the same folder, I have a couple of torrents that I downloaded with Vuze before I found utorrents. I have deleted Vuze and I would like these to appear in my utorrents window so that other people can leech from them. I tried "Open", but it always tries to download from the Net rather than from my own file. Any suggestions?

I figured out if I play the files in media player while they are seeding they show up as files missing from job, and when I shut off media player I still can't get rid of the error.

Windows Media Player is probably adding information to the files which changes their hash values. To prevent that, in WMP Library Options uncheck "Retrieve additional information from the Internet".

Archived