Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uTP

Forum Style

I know, it doesn't fit in here very well, but better than in any other.

A special design for the board, like the mainpage-design, seems to me to look nice, it's not so difficult to make one, maybe it would create one.

The design is to vulgar for a so great torrent-client.

its a shame the forum isnt invision power board like many of the other forums i use, i hate how phpbb doesnt have fast reply option.

Its an easy mod.

Although, I would like to suggest punBB instead of phpBB for many reasons.

Mainly because they both are huge on simplicity. Secondly, punBB is waaayyy easy to skin (just simple CSS...I design templates for it all the time). Thirdly, its freaking awesome.

And you can change your phpBB databases over to it pretty easily. ;)

just been over to that PunBBm, certainly looks like a very large improvement over the current default phpbb style. it looks more like the sleekness of IPB, also the fast reply mod would be a very nice little addition.

its a shame the forum isnt invision power board like many of the other forums i use, i hate how phpbb doesnt have fast reply option.

I hate this too!!

Isn't there a Quick Reply box just below? I can see it and I used it to post this.

||

||

/

Strange, I don't see it.

phpbb isn't that hard to skin, I'd say invision's skinning engine is by far the most complicated I've seen.

Official phpBB doesn't have a fast replyquick reply box, As said, It's a 3rd party MOD that can be installed. Would be nice, i usualy only use those for posting everywhere.

Haha I just realised what was happening. I installed a script for greasemonkey in firefox that adds a quick reply box. Quite useful I must say... So much that I forgot I had it installed.

quickreplyofpower6yn.th.jpg

Haha I just realised what was happening. I installed a script for greasemonkey in firefox that adds a quick reply box.

I was going to mention that, I knew it was just a GM script.

i find it in all versions even the latest ones. it seems to enjoy consuming a good 30-40mb ram even when doing nothing. its kinda like the azureus of the browser world.

Well, even the firefox 1.5 beta 2 that uses the new and improved engine uses 45-50MB here for 5-6 tabs open. Not sure how good is it, and ive never tried the newer opera's anyway.

i wonder if there is one for opera browser. i dont personally like firefox as its to slow and resource hungry.
Opera 8 supports UserJS, which is basically the same idea as GreaseMonkey, and is compatible with GreaseMonkey to some extent. Alternatively, you can use The Proxomitron (which I use).

I tried out Opera after actually noticing how much resoures firefox uses.. But it has one of the most annoying Configuration and overall UI ive ever seen. no thanks ;)

I like Opera. I switched from Firefox because (as most have already pointed out) it used too much resources. For example, I had something like 3 tabs open, and it took somewhere around 100MB RAM -- a bit steep, if you ask me. It happened on multiple computers, so I was convinced to leave. Don't know how the situation is how, but Opera already has me hooked =P

I tried out Opera after actually noticing how much resoures firefox uses.. But it has one of the most annoying Configuration and overall UI ive ever seen. no thanks ;)

Give it a try.

It takes but a few minutes to rearrange the elements and get rid of theme.

Afterwards Opera looks nice and clean...

opera.jpg

Edit: You even can get rid of the sidebar with just one mouse click..

I personally don't like all the toolbars. Makes the screen too busy, so I hide the menus (and unhide using Alt+F11, a shortcut that is disabled by default), and hide the sidebar (can be toggled using F4). The result? Nice and clean =]

opera9dh.jpg