Forum Style

uTP

Type Ctrl+F12 > Advanced > Keyboard setup > Edit... > Under Quick find, type f11 alt. I forget what's actually at the beginning, but it writes Platform UNIX (or something like that) and is under the Application section. Edit it so that the left side reads only F11 alt, then confirm the changes. Press Alt+F11 to try it out. You can always change the keyboard combo, but make sure it doesn't conflict with any other shortcut.

@chaosblade: Just in case you didn't notice it yet, I sent you a PM with instructions that -- hopefully -- work.

• 3 weeks later...

Major offtopics posts above.. -.-

attn: vurlix, ludde!

Anyway, I just happen to have some free time, I wouldn't mind skinning punbb for utorrent :) I'm quite experienced with coding xhtml/css, the fact that I do everything by hand speaks for itself. I show extreme distaste for the code dreamweaver and its likes produce. Argh, messy. I work hella fast too, shouldn't take more than a few days to get a good looking skin up.

I can't offer much in my forums skinning "portfolio" department, because most of my work was used on older forum software, eg. vB 2.x and Invision 1.1.x, 1.2.x. The boards have long upgraded, dunno where my stuff went off to :( However, I did do something recently, for http://win2osx.net/forum/. .. So.. yeah.

y dont u just go ahead and make one anyway ignorantcow. most of us are using different styles anyway that we've selected in our user profile. im currently enjoying the mercury skin as i find light skins bit to harsh on the eyes. adding another style to the forum shouldnt do to much harm other than take up and extra 100KB of size on the HDD.

I could help out in the web banner dept. I've done lots for different websites. The last one I did was for Phoenixlabs

Wow, for Peerguardian.. *respect*

y dont u just go ahead and make one anyway ignorantcow. most of us are using different styles anyway that we've selected in our user profile. im currently enjoying the mercury skin as i find light skins bit to harsh on the eyes. adding another style to the forum shouldnt do to much harm other than take up and extra 100KB of size on the HDD.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think uTorrent should have a outstanding "brand" of it's own, an official color scheme, a universal logo that is easily recognized. I don't think the current state of the things representing- the program, site, forums portray this enough. The "µ" symbol is a nice touch though :) Wasn't this mentioned some time, before, I remember reading about it..

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think uTorrent should have a outstanding "brand" of it's own, an official color scheme, a universal logo that is easily recognized. I don't think the current state of the things representing- the program, site, forums portray this enough. The "µ" symbol is a nice touch though :) Wasn't this mentioned some time, before, I remember reading about it..

Yeah, the branding thing has sort of been my axe. I'd been thinking, really, of a political site where I sometimes post, "Daily Kos." It's become the 2,000 lb. gorilla of political blogs for a number of reasons but a contributing factor has been savvy branding by Markos himself. Color, as you suggest, is part of it. In dKos's case it's orange. µTorrent's should probably be green.

And just to show I'm doing my part, here are some posts of mine from alt.bittorrent:

Me:

µTorrent

The BEST client, bar none. Everything you need, nothing you don't.

Incredibly small footprint. 94k .exe, no install. Those of you unhappy

with the %cpu Azureus sucks up MUST try this. You'll thank me.

http://www.utorrent.com/

Interview from p2pNet:

http://p2pnet.net/story/6610

Some guy named Jim:

I'm a convert to utorrent. I think its the best client out there at the

moment. A great little program, that does everything needed with hardly any

system resource requirements. Doesn't even need installing. Brilliant !!

If you have any doubts, try it yourself: http://www.utorrent.com/

Me, again:

The poor developers are going to see the branding of their wonderful product

completely diluted by people calling it (and typing it) "you-torrent." I'll

just try to do my little part here to address that, maybe some of you others

will also try to spread the word.

It's pronounced "micro-torrent" and you too can type it correctly. Alt 2-3-0

= "µ."

i would rather not have a specific single themed forum. i like the fact that i can change it to a dark coloured skin as its much nicer on the eyes. many forums use nasty bright colours and it just does my head in, green would definately be in that category im afraid. maybe use the single brand style for non members, but for members the choice to use different styles should definately be kept.

i would rather not have a specific single themed forum. i like the fact that i can change it to a dark coloured skin as its much nicer on the eyes. many forums use nasty bright colours and it just does my head in, green would definately be in that category im afraid. maybe use the single brand style for non members, but for members the choice to use different styles should definately be kept.

I concur with your thoughts on this. :)

Archived