µTorrent 3.1.3 stable (27327)

Firon

There's another moment i want to tell. In "info" tab there's 2 section - "Transfer" and "General" which has 5 strings of information. Since 3.0 version in "General" section was added 1 more string. I use scrolling to view "Info" tab and see only "Transfer" or "General" section. Is it possible to make that section "Transfer" and "General" has the same number of strings?

µTorrent 3.1.3 stable (27099)

"An older version of uTorrent is running...

Please shutdown uTorrent and try again." when adding a .torrent using the double click method.

Make sure that the currently running version is 27099.

My Bad....All I had to do was tick "Check association on startup"

aas.jpg

I downloaded a torrent, then I deleted it from utorrent transferes and wanted to add it again to keep seeding.

utorrent started checking the files and stopped at a random %, never reach 100%.

I downloaded this same torrent another time and just selected some files, total torrent size is 7.93GB but I just selected 1.5MB, utorrent downloaded it and when it finished utorrent said "moving to the disk (119)" all the time and I could never find the files on computer, directory was not even created.

This happened with utorrent 3.1.3 27099

I tested it with utorrent 2.2.1 25302 and both things worked well

Don't delete the post and give me a concrete ANSWER!

Somehow utorrent allocates all files in added torrent despite I uncheck unnecessary ones. That would be understandable if they were tiny but this happens even with huge files like FullHD movies and etc.

Set Pref->Advanced->diskio.use_partfile to true (will work for newly added torrents)

Set Pref->Advanced->diskio.use_partfile to true (will work for newly added torrents)
Nope. It doesn't work. It was already turned on. I even tried to disable and then enable it again. :|

I had to revert to 2.2.1 (25302). Everything's fine there.

Honestly, it works for me 100% of the time on Windows 7. I need a little more info about your settings and OS.

Well, I'm on Windows XP SP3. I have all options under System Tray Enabled, but "Show Balloon Notifications". And also have enabled "Start uTorrent when Windows Starts" and "Start Minimized".

For the time being I have made a little batch file to delay uTorrent when Windows starts, for the moment it has worked; but is not the ideal solution.

Something like:

ping -n 40 localhost > nul

start "uTorrent" "<Directory>\uTorrent.exe" /MINIMIZED

Another description for the problem could be that it's like it is on Boss Mode, but I don't even use that option -_-.

Here is my settings.dat: http://www.anonstorage.net/PStorage/602.settings.dat

And what about fixing Deleting selected torrents moves highlighting on random torrents ?

Need maybe regression range ? I will try to find it' date=' if it's needed. Because dealing with many torrents is pain in the ass to making sure that all torrents are unhighlighted before next big operation :P[/quote']

...our highlighting behavior has always been a bit wonky. No plans to fix it just yet.

Regression range will help diagnosing this ?

If yes, I can try to find it,

because I remember that it didn't happens with older builds

Hello, I want to report a disk overloaded 100% issue in 3.1.3 version. Here are reproduction steps:

1. Open some multifile torrent with large files (I used 19x700 MB TV-series torrent).

2. Select only one file for download.

3. Observe "Disk overloaded 100%" message short time after download start.

Disk write graph: http://postimage.org/image/sjdjxt48n/

Process Monitor log sample during disk overload phase: http://postimage.org/image/46p7jl8zb/

Process Monitor file summary for entire download session: http://postimage.org/image/6zif3m9br/

Note large number of IO operations and bytes written to part file.

Probably different problem: number of bytes written into downloaded video file is twice the file size.

Downloaded file sizes: http://postimage.org/image/qsuiwbmpj/

If you updating µTorrent by replacing .exe file in Program Files, please don't.

Update it by using installer (with admin privileges) in other folder (ex. on Desktop).

µTorrent contains build-in installer and it checks (in registry/.dat files probably) on each run program version. If it's older, it updates itself. But in your case it can't, because you don't have needed privileges.

http://s17.postimage.org/vmg7hpe8f/aas.jpg

I downloaded a torrent, then I deleted it from utorrent transferes and wanted to add it again to keep seeding.

utorrent started checking the files and stopped at a random %, never reach 100%.

I downloaded this same torrent another time and just selected some files, total torrent size is 7.93GB but I just selected 1.5MB, utorrent downloaded it and when it finished utorrent said "moving to the disk (119)" all the time and I could never find the files on computer, directory was not even created.

This happened with utorrent 3.1.3 27099

I tested it with utorrent 2.2.1 25302 and both things worked well

Don't delete the post and give me a concrete ANSWER!

I was telling you people about this before ....

and you told me .. do that do this .. when it's all default anyhow.. and should work..

Nothing helps in 3.1.3 .. same chit happening in all the builds..

In 3.0 / 3.01 was OK i think .. but torrent tracker doesn't allow 3.0 or 3.01 (for some bugs they claim) .. so reverted to 2.21 long time ago.. - all is good.

Why not fix 3.1.3 / 3.2 properly .. to accommodate for the described problem.

Archived