µTorrent 3.1.3 stable (27327)

Firon

I'm having this error in a torrent:

image.jpg

I set utorrent to english but it still says in portuguese:

in english it should be something like this: "error: the process can not be access the file because it is being used by another process."

How can I solve this?

I restarted computer to be sure the file was not being used by another process but I've still the same error.

The answer to that obvious. Another process/thread has one of the files that uTorrent is trying to write to open. It could be a virus scan or you could have pointed one of the files to the same (name) file shared by another torrent that is active, etc. For example, some torrents have a text file titled "Download from xxxx.com" included. I do not want to have a hunred copies of the same file so I relocate it in a junk directory. All subsequent torrents that have the same file - I relocate it to the original file. If it is a new file, uTorrent might try to write to it while it is open by another thread. All I do is restart the torrent - it will get past it eventually. You need to becareful pointing the same named torrent file to the same physical file. Sometimes the content is different and of course that will cause hash errors or when you re-check the file it will think you did not get 100% of the download and try to download it again - which will of course invalidate those torrents which are using the new file content. So in a way you are damned if you do, damned if you don't. But thats the nature of the beast.

So check the files you are downloading/uploading in each torrent that is active. You may identify two torrents that are pointing to the same physical file. Check to see if your virus scanner is scanning your drive.

Mine too. did you try this http://download.utorrent.com/3.1.3/uTorrent.exe And... make sure you run the correct exe this time... :P

It sounds like you need to empty your temporary internet files folder.

Hi rafi, mike20021969, thanks.

But no matter how I tried, the version I downloaded is 27060 :(. When you said yours is Ok, did you download it last time or just now? (if you can, please try downloading one more time and verify the version)

Anyway, today when I tried to download 2,2,1 version from here: http://download.utorrent.com/2.2.1/utorrent.exe

Surprised to me that the version I downloaded is "3.1.3.27096", and seems that is the latest 3.1.3's stable version. How strange it is! :o

Anyway, thanks

Surprised to me that the version I downloaded is "3.1.3.27096", and seems that is the latest 3.1.3's stable version. How strange it is!

Not really when you realize we don't support older versions. That includes finding them.

Thanks. There is a "Download it here!" link in all the closed old thread for the old version, does that mean that link actually still goes to the latest stable version instead of the corresponding old version?

Surprised to me that the version I downloaded is "3.1.3.27096", and seems that is the latest 3.1.3's stable version. How strange it is!

Not really when you realize we don't support older versions. That includes finding them.

The strange thing is, that this link works for downloading 27096 (he aimed for...) , and the official one(s) do not... :P

On justincase's issue - doesn't solve it, but I have never used that feature, and I have never encountered that situation. icon has always been in the tray no matter what version of Windows I used.

I can't find the post that this refers to. Sorry about this.....

Just curious about "unsupported torrent size", any work being done to support it ?

And what about fixing Deleting selected torrents moves highlighting on random torrents ?

Need maybe regression range ? I will try to find it, if it's needed. Because dealing with many torrents is pain in the ass to making sure that all torrents are unhighlighted before next big operation :P

It happens with me as well.

Lets wait for a fix.

I've a lot of problems to re-active downloaded torrents

utorrent starts checking and just stop at a random value, sometimes at 5%, another times 17%

If I just select some files of a torrent, utorrent download it and then I can't access to the files, utorrent says "moving to the disk" all the time

in utorrent 2.2.1 it is working well.

Why did utorrent stop checking the torrent at 14.1% and don't go on till the end?

in the other torrent, why is it moving to the disk if I just chosen 1.5MB of the 7.93GB?

aas.jpg

in utorrent 2.2.1 it works well

why don't you improve the utorrent versions instead of spoiling?

Just curious about "unsupported torrent size"' date=' any work being done to support it ?

And what about fixing Deleting selected torrents moves highlighting on random torrents ?

Need maybe regression range ? I will try to find it, if it's needed. Because dealing with many torrents is pain in the ass to making sure that all torrents are unhighlighted before next big operation :P

It happens with me as well.

Lets wait for a fix.

The first one will be fixed in the next build of 3.2.

As for the second issue, our highlighting behavior has always been a bit wonky. No plans to fix it just yet.

Archived