µTorrent 3.1.3 stable (27327)

Firon

http://s17.postimage.org/vmg7hpe8f/aas.jpg

I downloaded a torrent' date=' then I deleted it from utorrent transferes and wanted to add it again to keep seeding.

utorrent started checking the files and stopped at a random %, never reach 100%.

I downloaded this same torrent another time and just selected some files, total torrent size is 7.93GB but I just selected 1.5MB, utorrent downloaded it and when it finished utorrent said "moving to the disk (119)" all the time and I could never find the files on computer, directory was not even created.

This happened with utorrent 3.1.3 27099

I tested it with utorrent 2.2.1 25302 and both things worked well

[b']Don't delete the post and give me a concrete ANSWER!

This a KNOWN issue I guess... for a LONG time....

1. The WORKAROUND I use is to remove that torrent from uTorrent & rename the completed torrent directory to something else.

2. Then enable Pre-allocate all files.

3. Re-add that torrent & start the transfer and after a minute the entire "size" of the original torrent has now been allocated on hard disk.

4. Next do a force re-check on this Pre-allocatted torrent.

5. Your completion percent should be negligibly small, 0.01% or less.

6. Now over-write the Pre-allocatted files with the completed files, then do a force re-check AGAIN...

7. You will see that it will now check to completion

8. You can now continue to re-seed your torrent.

I know it is a PAIN, but this issue seems to ONLY affect certain torrents with very specific characteristics... They introduced this BUG quite awhile ago in their version 3.x, I guess... Alot of Asian torrents with CJK filenames will also produce this BUG... hence, most/many asian sites has moved away from using uTorrent.

Good Luck..

build 27167

Exactly same problem here and I do not download CJK torrents.

And force re-check hangs uTorrent.

So which version is truly latest "stable"?

****UTorrent 3.1 CONSTANTLY Updating & Dropping Internet Connection Every 5 Mins!!!****

Help! The out-of-control updating is forcing my connection to permantely drop for 5 mins every 5 mins! AUGH!

It also is using 100kb/sec upload transfer during the update until the connection drops - even though nothing is seeding in the 'Active Torrents' tab. :/

Notes:

-Torrenter for 5 years full time

-Seeding 10,000 Torrents on Private Trackers.

****UTorrent 3.1 CONSTANTLY Updating ...!****

Help! The out-of-control updating is forcing my connection to permantely drop for 5 mins every 5 mins! AUGH!

Did you notice the title of this thread ? Better update to latest stable version. You probably understand that no one will fix anything in 3.1 ... :P

Did you notice the title of this thread ? Better update to latest stable version. You probably understand that no one will fix anything in 3.1 ... :P

im using the most latest build of the latest version of UTorrent (there was another update today). STILL having the same problem! :/

I dont understand the way you publish code , guys. Version 3.1.3 is still full of problems, and you are delivering a 3.2 Beta and a 3.3 Alpha. All this does not make sense..

OR may be you dont dare to write "3.1 is deely crippled so we ask you to live with it for a few months ? weeks? while we are rewriting Disk-IO etc.."

I still live happilly with my 2.2.1 ;-) Thanks.

And what about fixing Deleting selected torrents moves highlighting on random torrents ?

Need maybe regression range ? I will try to find it' date=' if it's needed. Because dealing with many torrents is pain in the ass to making sure that all torrents are unhighlighted before next big operation :P[/quote']

...our highlighting behavior has always been a bit wonky. No plans to fix it just yet.

Regression range will help diagnosing this ?

If yes, I can try to find it,

because I remember that it didn't happens with older builds

bumpin'

im using the most latest build of the latest version of UTorrent (there was another update today). STILL having the same problem! :/

Seriously UTorrent devs, if you dont fix this bullshit 5 min updating that forces the internet con to drop im removing UTorrent and will use another client! Excuse my language, but having your internet drop for 5 mins every 5 mins during these updates is fucking bullshit!!!

Again, im a full time torrenter of 5 years and never had this problem until i updated to 3.1.3

It might. Just try running it normally... It elevates itself.

well, tuesday morning i decided to wipe the system clean and i installed win7 sp1 x64 instead of x86... but the problem still remains after i configured the limited account.

-- 2012-05-11: Version 3.1.3 stable (build 27213)

- Fix: UAC prompt would show up for limited users on every run

I even installed 27213 but it still asks for UAC elevation so i fired up sysinternals Procmon and i think i might see why:

utorrent is asking for full access rights in some places where it only needs read access, not full write access

20:26:47,5232146 uTorrent.exe 3784 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters REPARSE Desired Access: All Access

20:26:47,5232436 uTorrent.exe 3784 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: All Access

and a few places down:

20:26:47,6977312 uTorrent.exe 3784 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Read/Write

20:26:48,6153275 uTorrent.exe 3784 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Query Value, Set Value, Create Sub Key, Enumerate Sub Keys

i think that if these accesses were created with desired access rights set to read only it would not trigger the UAC elevation

Seriously UTorrent devs, if you dont fix this bullshit 5 min updating that forces the internet con to drop im removing UTorrent and will use another client! Excuse my language, but having your internet drop for 5 mins every 5 mins during these updates is fucking bullshit!!!

Again, im a full time torrenter of 5 years and never had this problem until i updated to 3.1.3

The problem isn't the client. It's your router.

It might. Just try running it normally... It elevates itself.

well' date=' tuesday morning i decided to wipe the system clean and i installed win7 sp1 x64 instead of x86... but the problem still remains after i configured the limited account.

-- 2012-05-11: Version 3.1.3 stable (build 27213)

- Fix: UAC prompt would show up for limited users on every run

I even installed 27213 but it still asks for UAC elevation so i fired up sysinternals Procmon and i think i might see why:

utorrent is asking for full access rights in some places where it only needs read access, not full write access

20:26:47,5232146 uTorrent.exe 3784 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters REPARSE Desired Access: All Access

20:26:47,5232436 uTorrent.exe 3784 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: All Access

and a few places down:

20:26:47,6977312 uTorrent.exe 3784 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Read/Write

20:26:48,6153275 uTorrent.exe 3784 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Query Value, Set Value, Create Sub Key, Enumerate Sub Keys

i think that if these accesses were created with desired access rights set to read only it would not trigger the UAC elevation

So, you're still seeing the elevation dialog after each run, right?

Seriously UTorrent devs' date=' if you dont fix this bullshit 5 min updating that forces the internet con to drop im removing UTorrent and will use another client! Excuse my language, but having your internet drop for 5 mins every 5 mins during these updates is fucking bullshit!!!

Again, im a full time torrenter of 5 years and never had this problem until i updated to 3.1.3[/quote']

The problem isn't the client. It's your router.

i can ensure you that my top of the line router isn't the problem, nor is any of my top of the line equipment.

This problem has only started happening since i updated the 2 latest builds over the last 30 days, it completely uses up 100% of the upload speed during the 'Updates', but the new build does an update every 20 mins. Its ridiculous!

So, you're still seeing the elevation dialog after each run, right?

yes, even with build 27220 i was prompted for the admin password.

2m30own.png

anyway... i decided to try another approach.. i deleted ALL FILES in "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent" with the exception of the resume.dat and dht.dat files. (i had preserved the uT profile data folder from the previous install on windows when i was running win7x86).

Since my download folder is on another partition that practically reset all settings for uT but by keeping the resume.dat file i didn't lose any torrent state data, i just had to reconfigure uT from scratch.

After deleting everything but the resume.dat and dht.dat files, uT requested the admin password ONLY once more(i let it run, too) and now it starts normally without triggering the UAC elevation screen on each run.

for that final UAC prompt on build 27220, sysinternals procmon showed that the same Access Denied messages were encountered

this is the first run, triggering the UAC:

20:59:19,6345246 uTorrent.exe 3228 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: All Access

20:59:19,7222330 uTorrent.exe 3228 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Read/Write

20:59:19,7223203 uTorrent.exe 3228 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Read/Write

20:59:19,7259429 uTorrent.exe 3228 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Read/Write

20:59:19,7260258 uTorrent.exe 3228 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Read/Write

20:59:20,6705687 uTorrent.exe 3228 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Query Value, Set Value, Create Sub Key, Enumerate Sub Keys

20:59:26,5775988 uTorrent.exe 3228 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: All Access

this is the second program run, UAC elevation prompt is not triggered for this and the "access denied" messages are very few this time.

21:00:02,7623647 uTorrent.exe 3380 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: All Access

21:00:03,8975464 uTorrent.exe 3380 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Query Value, Set Value, Create Sub Key, Enumerate Sub Keys

21:00:03,9247582 uTorrent.exe 3380 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: All Access

from this i can deduce that the reason that the UAC prompt appears is that uT is trying to modify the ZoneMap Security settings:

20:59:19,7259429 uTorrent.exe 3228 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Read/Write

It doesn't work that way. You don't "trigger" a UAC prompt - the app has to actually explicitly request elevation. So the access denied stuff is a red herring.

not always because in my experience windows7 decides by itself to show the UAC prompt/admin auth prompt when an application tries to do the same thing repeatedly and gets denied because it lacks the desired rights.

When an application being run by a limited user tries repeatedly to do a restricted action (e.g. uT requesting write access to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap) WinXP will show an access denied message immediately but 7 will give you a chance to enter the admin password before denying the action.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=661246#p661246

are the developers kidding?

I reported it time enough to be fixed' date=' and so many new build were releases and still no fix.[/quote']

You are out of luck... ;) I had this issue, and I bet in your case, it is also caused by a corrupted settings.dat file.

You can quick-test it by moving your setings.* files and replacing with an empty setting.dat file .

:P

Archived