µTorrent 3.1.3 stable (27327)

Firon

Well 3.1.3 screwed me royally. Most of my uploads read - "An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a ..." and I lost several downloads (~50gb) because of "Error: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

Additionally, ONCE AGAIN, it does not shut down properly, nor can the process be killed - a re-boot is required.

Sorry, but I will maintain that the 3.1x path is broken, and will remain broken. I will stick with 3.1 (Build 26616) as that is the last one that gave me no problems.

Each release seems to *cause* more problems than it fixes.

Screwing the pooch on this one guys (girls).

"Error: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

is outright filesystem corruption on your machine. That's not a µTorrent error; that's coming straight from Windows. Your filesystem is fucked.

Go do a chkdsk.

Everytime uTorrent starts with Windows and since 3.1.2, the icon is never on the tray. I have to close uTorrent an open it again for it to appear. I have the options: "Start uTorrent when Windows Starts" and "Start Minimized" checked.

On 2.2.1 this also happened, but not so frequently (like 30% of the time).

I've had uTorrent updated to this version as soon as it was prompted to update but only began to use it to download a .torrent file yesterday. Trouble is, after turning off the PC and rebooting it again after some hours, I can't browse the internet with any web browser but can still download with uTorrent of this version. Then another problem arose after turning off the PC again and rebooting it -- I can't browse the internet still with any web browser and can't resume the file I'm downloading using uTorrent. Anyone got a fix on this?

I'm thinking of uninstalling the current version of uTorrent on the PC and install an older, more stable version of it. I'm using a different computer as I type these statements by the way. .

I am anxious. This time again a "stable" release seems to bring more bugs...

What's wrong ? The fundamental architecture and design of version 3 ??

Please giveus more info on your size of Open Bugs, and its evolution so we can feel confident in the future of uTorrent

I am anxious. This time again a "stable" release seems to bring more bugs...

What's wrong ? The fundamental architecture and design of version 3 ??

Please giveus more info on your size of Open Bugs, and its evolution so we can feel confident in the future of uTorrent

you are right utorrent 3.0 was very good.......from 3.1 disk cache problems....and many more

I have Installed utorrent 3.1.3 few days back. All configuration are OK , however I am not able to download any file.

Windows firewall setting - Exception utorrent is checked

Add Windows firewall exception - is checked

Can any user help in troubleshooting my problem

same behaviour on my pc as dothackjhe ; I switched back to 3.1.2 and powered off the pc to evacuate the problem ; power on leaded then to corect browsing. 3.1.3 seems to be a dissuating argument to p2p !

Same thing, but I didn't revert to 3.1.2. No internet, restarted PC and internet worked again; pretty weird and first time it has happened since installing 3.1.3 and using uTorrent in general. Could be something else, will tell if it repeats.

Everytime uTorrent starts with Windows and since 3.1.2, the icon is never on the tray. I have to close uTorrent an open it again for it to appear. I have the options: "Start uTorrent when Windows Starts" and "Start Minimized" checked.

On 2.2.1 this also happened, but not so frequently (like 30% of the time).

Anything on this?

Archived