µTorrent 3.1.3 stable (27327)

Firon

now functiuning ;
what exactly was the issue?

no web browsing, microtorrent then got "destination unreachable" on all trackers. I resolved it copying uTorrent.exe; then launched the new name : uTorrent-copy.exe does not access to appdata/blababla/utorrent, so display get classic, and browsing stopped breaking...

umm a quesion, when i add magnet links Utorrent's window don't show the files after some time, does it suppose to be like that or it a bug? (not used alot of magnets in my life...)

It's the way uTorrent handles magnet link. The devs are working/thinking about changing how the links are handled.

Using the search function here in the forums and putting in +magnet +files you'll see the topic has been beaten to death :)

IFar

I'm hoping that there's significant effort put into 3.2 to fix everything

That would always be the intention, and the guys trying it out and posting issues here - are an important part of that effort! You are more then welcome to join :)

The word Stable behind any of these builds is a oxymoron. The only Stable build is 2.2.1.

I hope you realize that the amount of users with issues is small relative to the size of the userbase (some 100 million users).

The client's not perfect, but you are overstating the general impact of these problems (which we're working on in any case).

And only 220,631 are registered here.

Good to hear that 99,879,369 users have no issues worth reporting ... :P

My random stats on a single torrent -

Out of 150 connected peers :

- 103 uTorrent/BitTorrent [~70%]

------ 80 - >v3.1 [~80%]

------ 10 - v3

------ 15 <v2.2.1

- 27 Transmission [~20%]

- 7 Azureus

- 13 others

http://www.imagebam.com/image/095c72180329444

And only 220' date='631 are registered here.[/b']

Good to hear that 99,879,369 users have no issues worth reporting ... :P

My random stats on a single torrent -

Out of 150 connected peers :

- 103 uTorrent/BitTorrent [~70%]

------ 80 - >v3.1 [~80%]

------ 10 - v3

------ 15 <v2.2.1

- 27 Transmission [~20%]

- 7 Azureus

- 13 others

http://www.imagebam.com/image/095c72180329444

I'll stay with the <2.2.1 gang thanks.....I see no benefit to me to run anything higher than v 2.04 TBH.

And I am sure as shit gunna stay away from the 3.x versions 'till the developers can get back to making the basic stuff work first, BEFORE they add crappy features that the majority of users neither want nor need.

Can we please have the crowd that are willing to move back to old, unsupported versions banned from the forum (or at least the "announcements" section), since they obviously have no interest in contributing to uTorrent's improvement?

</rant> :/

Some of the reasons people are downgrading may be because of no documentation for the newly added advanced options [settings] starting with v3.0, therefore not a full understanding of what adjustments that can be made for optimal performance in the newer versions.

Yes, that is true. An updated help file would help.

Everytime uTorrent starts with Windows and since 3.1.2, the icon is never on the tray. I have to close uTorrent an open it again for it to appear. I have the options: "Start uTorrent when Windows Starts" and "Start Minimized" checked.

On 2.2.1 this also happened, but not so frequently (like 30% of the time).

Is it gonna be fixed? Do I have to change something for it work? Anything?

strangely, 3.1.3 works quite perfectly under seven x86, and hangs at start up under seven x64, hashing a dozen of files...

problem seems to be generated hitting the ceiling, dragging uTorrent window with mouse ; by the way, 190 max connections by torrent conducts to no web brosing, behaves normally with 3.1.2 !

putting in idle with scheduler resolves web browsing !!!

Max global connections appears to be overcome ; unlimited UL gives no web browsing, cap to maximum ul capacity gives too many open connections, 40% ul cap gives proper browsing... This should be a bug ! 3.1.2 did not suffer from this.

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes: umm, i see i'm fine with 3.1.2 then! I didn't have any problems yet I don't use it much, max 4-5 torrents at atime, under vista x32. Where I live, dsl isp's are throttling and deals suck (prices are high too), limiting my d/l potential.

I agree: help file needs update, big time!

Archived