µTorrent 3.1.3 stable (27327)

Firon

Hello All,

Regarding Bunndle: This is a new offer platform that we are testing out offering in the utorrent installer.

The reasons we are trying out this platform are twofold:

1) It's an important source of revenue, that pays the workers that bring you utorrent

2) Our business team is constantly trying to find offers and products that are more relevant and useful to our users

Now, if none of the offers appeal, of course you should uncheck the box.

However, I want to explain a bit more about elgee's comments Re: Kaspersky & certificates, for our more technical users.

In this case, to show the Bunndle offers we had to change a small amount of code at the beginning of utorrent to load an initialize the Bunndle dlls, whether we were going to show a Bunndle offer, or not.

When their dlls start, they set themselves up so they can communicate securely with their offer servers. Part of doing that is adding a certificate, so they can know that the server they are talking to is theirs.

You can read more about certificates and SSL connections on windows here at MSDN:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa376009(v=vs.85).aspx

Thats for the report!

If you do see anything weird, please include the affected registry keys, and we'll look into it right away.

Just curious about "unsupported torrent size", any work being done to support it ?

And what about fixing Deleting selected torrents moves highlighting on random torrents ?

Need maybe regression range ? I will try to find it, if it's needed. Because dealing with many torrents is pain in the ass to making sure that all torrents are unhighlighted before next big operation :P

Hi AdamK,

Thanks for responding.

Okay so this is a new service you're checking out. I do however have several issues with this...

When their dlls start, they set themselves up so they can communicate securely with their offer servers. Part of doing that is adding a certificate, so they can know that the server they are talking to is theirs.

1/ Adding a certificate to my store without informing me and/or asking my permission first?

2/ Why does it have to add a certificate to my computer at all? Surly Bunndle's SSL certificates should be issued from a well know existing Certificate Authority such as VeriSign or Thawte that will already be in my certificate store?...

SSL is a trust based system and adding a certificate in the background with out the users permission is a real no no!!!

elgee

Where can I find Version 3.1.3 stable (build 27092)?

On page #1 here. I see it is already 27095 (w/o change-log entry ) ... I guess it is just not stable enough to put it for auto-update ... :P

Thanks. So the latest stable is still 3.1.3.27060

bullie

What do you mean you cannot get older versions:

at the page, suggested above ( or: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewforum.php?id=4 ) ... just look down the page there (at the threads' names)

2.2.1 for example is HERE: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=88772

2.0 for example is HERE: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=65482

etc..... :)

Hi, I tried to use that 2.2.1 link to download the old version, but the utorret.exe I downloaded from there is 3.1.3.27095. You better check the link.

On page #1 here. I see it is already 27095 (w/o change-log entry ) ... I guess it is just not stable enough to put it for auto-update ... :P

Thanks. So the latest stable is still 3.1.3.27060

No, the latest stable is 27095.

Changelog is up. We're hoping to do autoupdate next week.

egozi44:

1. You can't.

Remembering window location is a feature - not a bug. A bug is viewed as an event stops the program from doing what it is designed to do - in this case upload and download data. If uTorrent has any priorities, I sure hope they fix the cause(s) crashes prior to adding something to insure that a window opens at the same position where it was last closed......

well that strange cause other Windows 7'ss windows don't really saves my windows position (depend on the program) or just moving back to default position after some time (it mostly happened on folders or "computer" windows... not to stuff like WMP or IE)

i know that utorrent never gave me this bug before i updated to the last version ( i still had 3.1.3.. before.. but i formatted and installed it again from uttorent site.. so maybe they add some minor update on the way) , funny thing though that it remembered the very first position i puted it's wondow in... but after that it just stuck on that position and stop remebering any other positions .. no matter how much i tried to move it window.

the same issue happened today on my laptop after i install uttorent there.

btw the system try issue happened to me only once.. and stop...

i personally more worry about other issues like when uttorent suddenly stop the downloads for me For no dam reason

Archived