µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same problem as #266 but mine settings.dat has 110mb and I cant even open my utorrent

opent it with notepad and whole file contains 16.4k copy of same 4 lines

btw while trying to open itself it uses 1 whole core and ~700mb of ram

Why not to try open it with BEncode?

ever tried to open 110MB settings.dat?

same problem as #266 but mine settings.dat has 110mb and I cant even open my utorrent

opent it with notepad and whole file contains 16.4k copy of same 4 lines

btw while trying to open itself it uses 1 whole core and ~700mb of ram

Why not to try open it with BEncode?

ever tried to open 110MB settings.dat?

If you're ready to upload I might have a try;)

Nope. Revert to the previous beta

That means i will have to delete my setting.dat file and lose all my stats.

i got half of the dat file opened in word pad. seems like my download path location is places in it million times in a loop.

So, try and replace with your settings from one of the previous versions/builds. It's a beta, you take some risks, and need to take precautions...

i tried that as well.. both my settings files are huge.

settings.dat.old 25.3 MB (26,556,252 bytes)

settings.dat 50.4 MB (52,925,877 bytes)

o well, looks like i will have to start all over. :rolleyes:

Nope. Revert to the previous beta

That means i will have to delete my setting.dat file and lose all my stats.

i got half of the dat file opened in word pad. seems like my download path location is places in it million times in a loop.

Or just use the .old-file?

For the sake of argument (as someone else was utterly denigrating in attitude), I tried an experiment - comparing the same load under 2.2.1 and a couple versions of 3x and *everything* is "lighter" on 2.2.1 - hash checks go faster, there is less CPU load, less RAM consumed, more connections, and faster speeds.

I *have* created the 3x settings from scratch *using* the recommended settings - 2.2.1 is simply running more efficiently.

My only complaint is that I actually like the UI for 3x better (combined Status column, additional categories, etc)

Unless someone can post comprehensive "best settings" list, I'll have to stick with 2.2.1.

Personally, I think it would be a wise move to make the DAT files unencoded (no, I'm not a programmer, so I don't know why they are the way they are, but it makes it rather difficult to make changes to, even with BEncode).

Maybe someone can post a best "settings.dat" file for people to try? My Settings.dat file is ~270k under 3x and ~233k under 2.2.1.

Thanks!

Archived