µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

Yes' date=' there is. Start downloading and the files will show up in a few seconds. Then select what you like.

I guess the devs are trying to improve on that ...[/quote']

Yay , it worked :D . but if the torrent started i can't select a specific thing , it will download the whole torrent

or is there a way to select things while you're already downloading?

Sure you can... in the files tab - on any unwanted files select->right-click->don't download ... and you are done.

It is not "clean" enough for my taste, since during those few seconds, even 0% files might be allocated. So, there sure is a need for improvement, to be able to pre-select them also for magnets. Your best bet - try to not use magnets... only .torrent files :P

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can this thread please be stickied? :D

On a second note, is it possible to "undo" a "Don't download"?

Example: I add a torrent which contains several files. Sometimes I don't want to download some of those files. I select the unwanted files, right-click and click on "Don't download". But how can I get a file to download if I accidentially set it to "Don't download"?

All this talk, just shows you (me...) how bad and confusing this menu is. To download or not to download - should use similar phrases like simply - "download". "Priority" is a bad choice in this main menu. Should have been something clear like download->low/high/medium-priority in the sub-menu.

Set a priority that isn't "Don't download"

Thanks, works like a charm.

But I have to agree with rafi - the logic behind this is not really logical. Something like "toggle download" or similar or just a context menu which switches between "Don't download" and "Download" according to the status (priority, sorry) of the file might be a better choice IMHO or just integrate it into the Priority sub-menu (high/ medium/ low/ skip).

You are right. Some of the wording in utorrent isn't very clear (mind you, some of the concepts are quite complex - but I don't think that is the case here).

Please suggest a few different wordings, and I'll try to come up with something better, as well.

As far as the downloading of individual files go, I vote to remove the 'Don't download' option from the context menu and instead replace it with check boxes down the left hand side of the 'Files' tab. This makes it consistent with the 'add new torrent' window and makes it easier to select the files you don't want to download.

Less clicks, consistent interface, win win IMO.

You are right. Some of the wording in utorrent isn't very clear (mind you, some of the concepts are quite complex - but I don't think that is the case here).

Please suggest a few different wordings, and I'll try to come up with something better, as well.

Here you go - mutually exclusive selective menu items (like in auto-shutdown). No sub-menu is required. Actually - very similar to what we had in 2.0 and before, plus the indicator.

ae0eab180024021.jpg

V

Files-tab-menu.png

Anybody cares to vote on it?... :)

Sure you can... in the files tab - on any unwanted files select->right-click->don't download ... and you are done.

It is not "clean" enough for my taste, since during those few seconds, even 0% files might be allocated. So, there sure is a need for improvement, to be able to pre-select them also for magnets. Your best bet - try to not use magnets... only .torrent files :P

Thanks Man , I don't use magnets a lot but (the pirate bay) is all magnets. BTW some members complaining about "utorrent 3.X and up has started getting banned on a lot trackers", so is it fixed?

cuz i didn't try new builds since uTorrent 3.0 Build 26473 :rolleyes:

Raises Hand!

IFar

Another hand from me.

After giving it some thought the toggling of the menu between "Don't download" and "Download" according to the state of the selected file will be a major PITA when two files or more with different priorities are selected. It'll be the same as it is with the labels atm.

the toggling of the menu between "Don't download" and "Download" according to the state of the selected file will be a major PITA when two files or more with different priorities are selected.

If you select multiple torrents, this menu cannot reflect anything accurately. The only thing they can do is - show the selection if *all* the selected files have similar "priority" and not show it at all - if at least two are different. Or.. maybe - show multiple grayed bullets for all the states in the selected files.

If you select multiple torrents, this menu cannot reflect anything accurately. The only thing they can do is - show the selection if *all* the selected files have similar "priority" and not show it at all - if at least two are different. Or.. maybe - show multiple grayed bullets for all the states in the selected files.

I admit that I like that last idea of yours. Clicking on the one priority you want to set for all selected files chooses it. Or, if you don't want to change mixed files, the gray bullets will make you notice that the selection might be wrong. :D

I want a system like that for labels, too (with a switch to allow only one label per torrent). :cool:

I think there is a major problem in 3.1+ with file system access - ever since 3.1 my files have started screwing up - there's the permanant "Moving..." issue.

But more worryingly a hdd of mine has bad sector and utorrent seems to bypass windows filesystem and writes out to this bad sector over and over. I stop everything, do a scan/repair disk, then restart things again and one of the next torrents ends up being re-written out to this sector again (so i then have to repeat the process again.)

Are you doing something funky with the flush to disk stuff (bypassing any filesystem checks?)??

I should say that i've not experienced this problem with 3.2 yet - but i am litterally just about to update to it in the hope that the problem has been fixed (If not, i think i'll have to go back to the last stable prior to 3.1 !)

Both 3.1.3 and the latest 3.2 beta have a serious issue... if you have any torrents running with tracker urls associated with them the tracker urls become corrupted (you can see it in the trackers tab) and pretty soon the whole thing crashes.

I suspect it malformed the particular torrent files at some point, maybe, since new torrents I add don't seem to have any problems... anyways it may help if uTorrent is more tolerant of malformed torrent files or at least it should be able to detect them?

the tracker urls become corrupted...I suspect it malformed the particular torrent files

A screenshot + the torrent file itself would be nice. I don't see the devs fixing such an issue (if there is one) without those.

BUG REPORT - TRANSLATION

Some mishmash in double %% and \\.

See "List of strings" in CODE tag below.

Original strings was generated into utorrent.exe.log by uTorrent running with an empty utorrent.exe.lang.txt

*******List of unknown strings in the language file:*******ffmpeg Process aborted with error %d. Unknown error\nMore information may be found in the transcript log at %%appdata%%%Smedia
*******List of strings not found in the language file:*******ffmpeg Process aborted with error %d. Unknown error\nMore information may be found in the transcript log at %%appdata%%\%S\media
*******List of strings which are accepted with no error log:*******ffmpeg Process aborted with error %d. Unknown error\nMore information may be found in the transcript log at %%appdata%%\\%S\\media

Archived