µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never touched "Directories" in Preferences (thus all the fields are empty).

Why don't you just put there your own path' date=' and solve your problem in like 3 seconds (at list partly...) ?[/quote']

So as far as I understand that "ghost" files will then be created in the folder I specify in Preferences. And instead of C:\Users\...\Downloads I will have to go clean some other folder?

I download each torrent to its specific folder, so I don't have "global" Downloads that just happens to sit in some other than C:\Users\... place.

rafi: Assuming a person wanted to remove a torrent they were seeding, I can understand that part files should be removed from the system. Otherwise, aren't they necessary to support seeding? Cross file pieces - when a user does not download the entire torrent.

jbebad: sure, but this is another use case, when the user *adds* a new magnet/torrent and during the addition decides to change the download location. At this point all related files (including the partfile if one was created) should be moved to the new location. It does not move, and a new partfile is being created. This is wrong. There shouldn't be a leftover partfile/folder.

Ok, trying RC5 now - seems a LOT better. I tried it with my existing Settings and with a blank Settings file. However, I still get the Disk Overload unless I override the cache and set it to 1800. Also, when I used the new Settings file, it switched on the Partfile option, so some of the partial titles had to download additional data - not critical, but a bit annoying. What *was* critical, was that these partial downloads (with the new Settings file) required a Forced ReCheck (as they indicated "missing files") and when hashing one, I got the Disk Overload, so I hit STOP, waited a few seconds, then selected Force ReCheck - and the program locked up. *Fortunately*, the "close" bug appears to have been resolved, and I was able to successfully close the program and re-start it (though that forced all the active DLs to be checked - again, a pain, but not critical.)

Hopefully the stop/re-start hash lock-up issue can be resolved without much trouble.

<Keeps fingers crossed>

I had to go back to 3.1.3, after turning on the logging errors and my fan bout zinged out da back of this hp dv6700nr, been dealing with file recovery issues and fixes through out my system since trying alpha then rollback to 3.2 then rollback to 3.1.3 of course....started to make dump and error log copies but woulda took up the rest of the years forum;)

when changed from 32 to 0 my dl's and upld's picked up instantly then throttled down to almost nothing and was getting good share ratio :o but life could be a dream sweetheart, sorry for no specifics, but sure my newbie generalization comes across. Every time I get this dagown thang runnin proper sum shortcut or mistap sends me back to IBM..thank god i didn't back anything up:rolleyes:

Yeah, it seems to wait a very long time, gets the details, and eventually, when you OK it - does not give a file name at all... :(

I'd define that as "broken"... :P

[2012-06-23 10:21:36]  Error opening "F:\Downloads\BitTorrent": [2012-06-23 10:21:36]  Error: BitTorrent - Access is denied. 

d3b602197855604.jpg

1db4cd197877725.jpg

Sorry, but there must be reported that this new versions are not so "u" (micro), because it do not work for Windows 2000.

When launch the package, the message is that there is not found the entrance point of the GetExtendedTcpTable function inside the IPHLPAPI.DLL library.

Any solution? or just not possible?

Thanks!!

Also, when I add a torrent, WHY does it keep prompting me to add an RSS feed? I don't want RSS at *all* - even in the left-side list, but I cannot find a way to remove it or the prompts.

Thanks.

Additionally, RC5 seems to have made me completely unconnectable, even when the port show open (and I have tried different ports - and yes, I sync'd them with the router) :(

Also, when I add a torrent, WHY does it keep prompting me to add an RSS feed? I don't want RSS at *all* - even in the left-side list, but I cannot find a way to remove it or the prompts.

Where are you seeing this? I don't recall uTorrent ever asking me to add an RSS feed; all of mine were added manually.

Additionally, RC5 seems to have made me completely unconnectable, even when the port show open (and I have tried different ports - and yes, I sync'd them with the router) :(

Have you tested to see if your port is open outside of the uTorrent application?

Archived