µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't download a magnet link without having DHT turned on.

I think you can if it is not tracker-less... And it will not enable DHT if there is a tracker defined.

-- 2012-07-30: Version 3.2 (build 27636)

- Change: add tracker.ccc.de as a default tracker

Actually - doesn't this change make the auto-enable of DHT redundant now?

You can't download a magnet link without having DHT turned on.

I think you can if it is not tracker-less... And it will not enable DHT if there is a tracker defined.

-- 2012-07-30: Version 3.2 (build 27636)

- Change: add tracker.ccc.de as a default tracker

Actually - doesn't this change make the auto-enable of DHT redundant now?

No, that's only for the torrent creator.

It will ask you first' date=' but yes. You can't download a magnet link without having DHT turned on.[/quote']

Does 3.2.1 just set DHT up long enough to grab the .torrent and then turns it back off again?

edit: Assuming (because it is, in my case) that dht is globally turned off.

No, it turns it on globally and leaves it on. Not sure if it'll use it for all torrents or just that specific one.

No, that's only for the torrent creator.

Thanks.

No, it turns it on globally and leaves it on. Not sure if it'll use it for all torrents or just that specific one.

It will use it from now on - forever for everything. I think it is a design problem... You should either turn it off again (as suggested) or make sure you set also "enable DHT for new torrents" to disabled .

• 2 weeks later...
Torrent files are being saved outside of utorrent folder

Is you torrent folder a valid path? like not on an inaccessible network drive.

Yes, installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Haven't touched the settings leaving few basic ones and also not using directories.

Will utorrent behaviour change if the HDD partitions are dynamic and not basic? Since my partitions are dynamic.

Try another folder outside of the Program Files hierarchies. It sounds like a permission issue - file writes to Program Files [and (x86)] normally require admin privileges. Suggested locations include "C:\Program Data\uTorrent" or "My Documents"

If you really need it saved in the uTorrent folder, you'll need to either "run as admin" uTorrent, or edit permissions on the uTorrent folder to allow Users Full Control.

New build but still the same old "We're not going to post the changelog because we don't want to" attitude which is horrible. People complain about that and yet it continues. Guess their attitude is just a huge F***k you to all of us.

New build but still the same old "We're not going to post the changelog because we don't want to" attitude which is horrible. People complain about that and yet it continues. Guess their attitude is just a huge F***k you to all of us.

Do you find it irritating that they haven't updated the thread title to 27825?

Good luck sleeping tonight :lol:

Do you find it irritating that they haven't updated the thread title to 27825?

Good luck sleeping tonight :lol:

I don't care about the thread title, what I care about is knowing what was added/removed or otherwise changed in the new build of a software I use on a daily basis. Only thing I find irritating is your childish and immature attitude on the forums. Good luck in life. :lol:

Tried this version since it's release now and now I had enough. Sorry to see how you keep screwing this up. Since you "improved" the UI it has just gone downhill for this once lite-weight torren program.

I say my farewell and just hope I'll find some other torrent program out there that's more like uTorrent were before it went down to this low level.

You satisfied people keep enjoy this and byé from me...

Archived