µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I had no processes showing as IDLE

I don’t think so... I'm talking about an *internal* thread inside utorrent process, not a process. You probably don't view it properly...

I think PE is not able to control threads.

Does anyone have this problem?

For example, you download a torrent and you tell it where to store it.

You put in in C:\

The file is called Example.mp4

When it's done, it should be at C:\Example.mp4...

My uTorrent is doing this:

C:\Example.mp4\Example.mp4

The first .mp4 is a folder... The second is the actual file...

-- 2012-03-22: Version 3.2 beta (build 26934)

- Change: clean up semantics around download location. The download location is now the root folder, independent on multifile torrent or not

Seems OK for me in the last build. Do you use it?

-- 2012-03-22: Version 3.2 beta (build 26934)

- Change: clean up semantics around download location. The download location is now the root folder' date=' independent on multifile torrent or not

[/quote']

Seems OK for me in the last build. Do you use it?

I have the latest beta. Still have the problem. ):

... Can we have an option to disable that? :P

Good ... :) When you want something in A:\ just write "A:\" ... Otherwise uTorrent is doing exactly what you are telling it to do... :P

Now try and check if you have defined any default directory for your downloads. If not, uTorrent "invents" a path for you...

Turbo-eyeballed the thread; don't see anyone reporting the same.

Response at TorrentDay from someone obviously using a different version tells me that the problem isn't at TD, thus it either must be local to me (running uTorrent under Windoze7 current patchlevel, nothing new for a few days prior to the problem ... or with ....

Installed the latest uTorrent beta (build 26934, 32bit), 20 or so hours ago.

Then after a power blackout and subsequent reboot, no torrents moving any bits up or down.

All of _my_ current 185 seeding (read: uploading) torrents show (example:) 0(22) seeds, and the single one I'm trying to download shows the same, nothing happening. Trackers show healthy for all, yet no bits are moving. Haven't seen this in the 2 years I've been a TD member or almost the same timeframe using uTorrent in almost all successive stable and beta releases.

Anyone else experiencing same?

No apparent TCP/IP or DNS problems here, otherwise I couldn't be posting this query, and I'm able to access anywhere else, from both my M$ and my UNIX boxen, with at this moment tons of useable but unused broadband bandwidth. Also no firewall issues; haven't changed any such recently.

Then after a power blackout

You mean that *before* the above event this same version worked fine?

I recall 3 rapid successive power outages. Power outages here are NOT unusual, you expect several _daily_, so I doubt power outage made any difference. I only included that for the sake of timeline.

The first reboot offered the opportunity to download the newest (in question) uTorrent beta, which I did, installed and it started running, but not long enough for me to look at much of what was gong on ... Zap, power out again another half second. rebooted again then noticed symptom as described ever since. Then the third power snuff. Still, everything _else_ works just fine as usual.

The salient info is that prior uTorrent betas never exhibited this nasty symptom; it's specific to build 26934, minimally on my host. Hence my posted query and my only current problem.

Turbo-eyeballed the thread; don't see anyone reporting the same.

/*..*/

Installed the latest uTorrent beta (build 26934, 32bit), 20 or so hours ago.

Then after a power blackout and subsequent reboot, no torrents moving any bits up or down.

same problem here with 26934, no peers connected... If i can somehow help to find the cause, please let me know how.

Archived