µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

Can anyone verify if Right-Clicking a Column on the Lower Pane & Selecting "Reset" ALWAYS CRASHES uTorrent 3.2 Beta (build 26934) w/ a crash dump file? Thanks!

Confirmed (reset from the pieces tab-headers) :(

Also - it does not succeed to send the dump, with an ("httpSendRequest failed") error :P

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question rafi:

If I make a copies of the resume files, then do an uninstall, delete the App folder, and install fresh, starting the program *without* the original resume files (so it's basically empty & a "clean slate"), adjust the settings as necessary, close it out, then copy back the original resume files, should it start up as expected? (Having a lot going at the moment, I'm a bit cautious about the resume files).

Thanks!

Hard to tell what to expect from a beta program. I would do a copy of *all* the *.dat files first, then it is fully restore-able.

Better yet, do not "uninstall"it at all. Just take the exe, put it in a separate temp directory, put beside it an *empty* settings.dat file (for example - rename an empty text file), and run it from there. It will create new settings for itself locally.

Well, it is not done this way. You must use *2* different ports, one for each instance (if running on the same PC) and forward both in the router. Maybe this is why people have 0 seeds... RTFM ...

[2012-03-25 17:15:48] UDP port bind failed 0.0.0.0:32457: (10048) Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

[2012-03-25 17:15:48] UDP port bind failed [::]:32457: (10048) Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

Hard to tell what to expect from a beta program. I would do a copy of *all* the *.dat files first, then it is fully restore-able.

Better yet, do not "uninstall"it at all. Just take the exe, put it in a separate temp directory, put beside it an *empty* settings.dat file (for example - rename an empty text file), and run it from there. It will create new settings for itself locally.

Yes, we never know what the next beta build will bring, but hey, that's why we try them and when necessary report, so that any issues can be resolved for the next build.

Back to my problem, I tried your simple suggestion, but sigh, M$ as always makes easy things hard and insisted that "settings.dat" must and can only be named "settings.dat.txt". Sigh. I suppose I could have gone down to DOS and _maybe_ eventually fixed that on the command line.

Instead, already having copied everything to backup dirs, shut down the troublesome uTorrent beta and moved that entire directory aside, I then (WITHOUT de-installing the uTorrent beta), simply downloaded and installed the most recent _stable_ production build to the default location. Client problem immediately solved and doing it this way I didn't lose anything. Bits are moving up and down just like before and all my seeding torrents are just fine, so life is good on this point; will revisit when the next beta build comes along.

Hope my experience and report helps anyone with the same symptoms.

Can anyone verify if Right-Clicking a Column on the Lower Pane & Selecting "Reset" ALWAYS CRASHES uTorrent 3.2 Beta (build 26934) w/ a crash dump file? Thanks!

Confirmed (reset from the pieces tab-headers) :(

Also - it does not succeed to send the dump' date=' with an ("httpSendRequest failed") error :P[/quote']

Thanks for confirming it, I though this crash also affected all versions of uTorrent 3.1.3 Stable as well...

mmm.... the pieces tab headers also crashed uTorrent....

Ok, NOT a success. All the Seeds/Peers hold at 0 and most of the torrents hang on "Allocating ...."

Any ideas?

Also high CPU usage.

Will let it sit a while to see if things settle down/clear up.

I also have no selections available when I select APPS - all I'm interested in is the Skin app. Had it before, not showing now.

===========

After about half-an-hour, the program just hung - nothing was even occurring at the time, it just went to Not Responding.

Checked PH2 and now there IS a thread set at IDLE. I set all utorrent.exe threads to Above Normal, High, and 5.

Additionally, the task cannot be killed in any manner and requires a reboot.

========================

When terminating the task, there is one specific thread that stays active (TID 1380, if that helps).

M$ as always makes easy things hard and insisted that "settings.dat" must and can only be named "settings.dat.txt".

When saving in Notepad try "Save as type"= All Files (*.*) not as *.txt

Thanks for the M$ tip.

Wish it was a real operating system where one could (logged in with appropriate permissions)

type in less than one second" 'touch settings.dat' and get you asked for. Sigh. M$. Sigh.

@edahew:

It is - very simple. When you select to name/rename a file, it automatically excludes the extension. Simply use Delete to delete the extension or hit End then Backspace over the extension. You have to make sure that you have Hide Extensions For Known File Types DE-selected so they are displayed.

Turbo-eyeballed the thread; don't see anyone reporting the same.

/*..*/

Installed the latest uTorrent beta (build 26934' date=' 32bit), 20 or so hours ago.

Then after a power blackout and subsequent reboot, no torrents moving any bits up or down.[/quote']

same problem here with 26934, no peers connected... If i can somehow help to find the cause, please let me know how.

I suddenly have got the same on 26934: three days and nights - no one transaction. Only 3 Mb of service traffic up and down...

Wish it was a real operating system where one could (logged in with appropriate permissions)

type in less than one second" 'touch settings.dat' and get you asked for. Sigh. M$. Sigh.

As mentioned: Control Panel->Folder Options->view->uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types.

But do keep blaming M$ for everything. Sigh... :P

Turbo-eyeballed the thread; don't see anyone reporting the same.

/*..*/

Installed the latest uTorrent beta (build 26934' date=' 32bit), 20 or so hours ago.

Then after a power blackout and subsequent reboot, no torrents moving any bits up or down.[/quote']

same problem here with 26934, no peers connected... If i can somehow help to find the cause, please let me know how.

I suddenly have got the same on 26394: three days and nights - no one transaction. Only 3 Mb of service traffic up and down...

Did you try test it by replacing with a new empty settings.dat?

My theory is that abnormal termination may be corrupting the settings file.

Archived