µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

People don't have much idea about BETA versions, I think.

Hence their argument is, as it is having some problems, hence they'll move it to some other clients.

BETA versions are called BETA, because it contains some coding errors, etc.

Which will get sorted, once addressed in the final release version.

If you don't want these problems, DON'T UPDATE TO BETA VERSIONS, like I don't.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to stop expecting a 100% crash-free experience out of the beta line.

Are you joking? 3.1.x are more like pre-alfa than alfa. No, it isn't even pre-alfa. 3.1.x contains so much bugs that it is more correctly to call it pre-pre-alfa. 3.1.x isn't a stable version, the latest stable version of µTorrent is 3.0. Versions later are just alfa, or even before alfa.

Enough, I'll change to Vuze until the crashes stops. I used to love µTorrent, but now I don't know what to think.
I think you need to stop expecting a 100% crash-free experience out of the beta line.

And I think you need to stop expecting any uTorrent version especially a beta to run under Sendboxie when you are specifically told that uTorrent was not tested under it.

Plus, if you ask me, this should be the last platform (is at all) that needs testing a beta on. How many do you think use it ? <0.1% ?

If you are going to use the user community as QA, perhaps uTorrent should then setup a two tier forum.

Create a Private beta test section in the forum and release the betas to a chosen few that you know that are willing to test...

That way you won't get dupes on the same old problems and less heated discussions!

Sorry folks. I did not intend the discussion to get out of hand again.

Rafti - I think of it as a bug. It (the Save In) box does not work the way it is designed or intended. Surely you cannot call it a "Feature". I expect bugs in "Beta" versions. Background processing where each tread needs to be tested to insure the program works as designed is very hard to do. So I can accept the the posibility of errors or crashes. But in some cases, it is evident the developer did not do any testing at all. He/She thought they new what they wanted to do, and could whip out the code in nothing flat and say all done. But that is why there should be QA team, supervisor, lead, peer, etc. to review the changes and test those areas were changed. UI changes are the easiest things to test. And simply using the wrong Windows Dialog box should have been caught up front.

I have heen one of those who has complained about the tone on several threads. I would like to see that reduced. That is why I would like to see a 2-tier approach to restrict beta testers to those who would devote a machine for the specific purpose to test beta versions without using it for general p2p communication - just work out the bugs.

Every user wants the latest and greatest version. Everyone knows that software comes with bugs. (Look at all the fixes Microsoft puts out on any of their products.) But some people are less tolerent than others and cannot handle (what they have determined are) obvious programming errors especially concerning the UI. utorrent can reduce the volume/tone simply by restricting access to specific beta testers that offer constructive advice.

there should be QA team, supervisor, lead, peer, etc.

Maybe we don't pay enough of the client to have all of those (though, they do exist)... ;) Also, being tested in the "wild" and not by a closed group/swarm - is one of the benefits of a public beta/thread. more issues are found that way. No one is forcing people to use beta, and they can all still post comments in the stable version's thread near by. There are no crashes over there...

Enough' date=' I'll change to Vuze until the crashes stops. I used to love µTorrent, but now I don't know what to think.[/quote']

And I think you need to stop expecting any uTorrent version especially a beta to run under Sendboxie when you are specifically told that uTorrent was not tested under it.

You didn't read what I wrote? It doesn't matter if I run it inside or outside Sandboxie.

Rafti: Yes, I can see the benefit. But it has its costs - and that is the tone of the messages and because of that tone, some users may be hesitent in posting issues, think less of the product, etc.. And it would seem that many of the posts do not provide enough information for a devloper to recreate the problem. Not very useful in my view. It would be better to have a few that provide good information/test results, then have many who don't. It would help the uTorrent guy/gal who needs to review all of these threads, get down the basic facts (after reading a bunch of messages) and pass info along to the develpers.

uTorrent has a large user comunity. It has grown beyond a group of guys getting together and whipping out some code on a new protocol standard. It now requires good project, quality control, and release management skills.

Don't you think the tone of some of these messages has effect on sales of uTorrent Plus?

Sorry - once I start - I cannot seem to keep my mouth shut. Well I do not want to continue to beat this dead horse.

rafi - there are indeed still MANY issues (and crashes) with 3.13 "stable" - IMHO, there is, at this point, *no* "stable" 3x release.

Like I mentioned before, it really seems that the team needs a *strong* project manager - I've been in software development for many years, and have seen the success or failure of a project rest on the shoulders of a good PM. This is NOT to say that uT has poor coders or poor testers - they don't - they have VERY good ones - I just think that the project needs to be managed better. It has *grown* (and will continue to do so), and as a result, you can't just run it like a grass-roots/mom&pop group. It simply needs better and stronger coordination.

also i found not for the first time problem with shaper on target torrent or global shaper

my example is next: i've got 11MB/s upload so i check 5000 for global upload shpaper the resulst is can't be reached this speed maximum go to 2/3MB/s

So, why can't I see any issue?...

c2b50c184444643.jpg 1e757e184444651.jpg b1952f184444637.jpg

Maybe a re-check of your settings is in order? like 'limit local peers' or 'apply limit to uTP' or such...

You didn't read what I wrote? It doesn't matter if I run it inside or outside Sandboxie.

Well' date=' does it happen also with the latest stable with an empty (default) settings.dat file ?[/quote']

Yes.

EDIT: What do you mean with the latest "stable"? If you mean µTorrent 3.1.3, it starts. If you mean µTorrrent 3.2.27026, it doesn't starts. I tried with an empty settings.dat-file.

Something has happened: Now Torrents are really slow to open! :o

EDIT: I counted, and it takes 39 seconds to the opening... This is FRUSTRATING!

P.S. It is also really annoying at times may need fiddling with Process Explorer, when the μTorrent says that the disk is overloaded...

If you mean µTorrent 3.1.3' date=' it starts. [/quote']

Yes, this *is* the latest stable. Go ahead and use it, then. I guess you'll need wait for the devs to stabilize this beta a bit more.

Oh, the problem is that 3.1.x is BANNED from 98 % of ALL private trackers, just because of too many BUGS and beta-versions are banned too.

(I must say Vuze is a really good BitTorrent-client :))

it seems that some foreign guy came and sabotaged utorrent development.

By *foreign* you probably mean non-Swedish' date=' right ? ... ;)

3.1.x is BANNED from 98 %

Ar you sure it is 98% ? .. I heard it is 9.8%... :P So, use 3.0... But I guess the bloated Vuze is fine too...

Well, if I go back to 3.0 I lose over 1 000 torrents, just because of the bug that made µTorrent create shitty (non-working) .torrent-files.

Well, if I go back to 3.0 I lose over 1 000 torrents, just because of the bug that made µTorrent create shitty (non-working) .torrent-files.

That is *your* logic. Mine is that you will be able to preserve them, since they are stored in resume.dat and not settings.dat. But, hey, you've already voted for Vuze, didn't you ? ... So you'll lose them all anyways... (or invest time to port them, as you can do with 3.0 ... )

Good luck!

Well' date=' if I go back to 3.0 I lose over 1 000 torrents, just because of the bug that made µTorrent create shitty (non-working) .torrent-files.[/quote']

That is *your* logic. Mine is that you will be able to preserve them, since they are stored in resume.dat and not settings.dat. But, hey, you've already voted for Vuze, didn't you ? ... So you'll lose them all anyways... (or invest time to port them, as you can do with 3.0 ... )

Good luck!

No. You see, I am sitting waiting for an acceptable, relatively bug free relese of μTorrent.

Archived