µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

Hey, is there anything I as a user can do to this sea of "Banning peer:

There is a reason for the bans - usually bad data/hash. I guess they are coming from users running older 3.x-beta releases...

To make it more "forgiving" : advanced->bt.ban_ratio lower (say 20) and bt.ban_threshold higher (say 10)

Example settings.dat is at my sig-guide.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a reason for the bans - usually bad data/hash. I guess they are coming from users running older 3.x-beta releases

Are you sure? I was given the impression that "Too many PEX messages" bans aren't the same thing as "corrupted block received" bans, nor are they controlled with the same advanced option.

I have noticed that every time I selectively download files from a torrent, pieces will complete downloading but will not write to disk. Even if I re-enable all files in the torrent the pieces will not write to disk. My temporary work around is to download every file in the torrent, however this is not ideal.

This has been an issue for a long time and not cropped up in the recent betas.

µTorrent build 27026 Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64

This was taken before a lot of pieces

How about a screenshot of the pieces tab *after* a few are stuck there, and of the info tab?

Also, check if you are using partfile - advanced->diskio->use_partfile . This might be an issue related to using it.

To confirm this you'll need to set the above to false, delete this torrent, re-start uTorrent, and add it again (clean) . This is not a solution though, since all the files will be generated...

After disabling partfiles it appears to be working.

But now you have all the files on disk, right ? No sense in deselecting them... I suggest you provide the link to this "test" torrent for the devs to debug the issue.

Hello,

I have a problem since the build 26934. The build 26904 was the last version unaffected by this problem.

When I start a new torrent, there are no connections with available seeds for at least five minutes after the start and thus no download: http://i.imgur.com/rR9LX.jpg

Twenty minutes after the start, µTorrent is now connected with only one seed: http://i.imgur.com/DgtVz.jpg

The build 27097 is still affected by this problem, as shown on the captures.

New 3.2 up with a lot of fixes.

Just to note, you should all check your settings.dat and delete it if it's more than 100-200kB.

Thank you very much... This is it, this is what I LOVE, so many updates! More of this please! :D

The best update ever, because the long-awaited "Feature: Magnet link preload in "Add torrent" dialog"!

EDIT: I hope that resolves the problem where things are slow...

Has anyone else noticed the slowness of operations?

- When I open the program will take some time before it opens.

- When I open the torrent or magnet link, it takes more than a minute when the program opens.

- When I exit the program will take some time before it closes.

EDIT 2: Although the program had been open, it will take still more than a minute before the window pops up when you open a torrent or magnet link...

EDIT 3: My settings.dat and settings.dat.old are the size of 17.8 Mt! :o

Hello,

I have a problem since the build 26934. The build 26904 was the last version unaffected by this problem.

When I start a new torrent, there are no connections with available seeds for at least five minutes after the start and thus no download: http://i.imgur.com/rR9LX.jpg

Twenty minutes after the start, µTorrent is now connected with only one seed: http://i.imgur.com/DgtVz.jpg

The build 27097 is still affected by this problem, as shown on the captures.

I confirm it completely :(

SquareSoft: Didn't you see the post where it was reported there are bad settings.dat and settings.dat.old with older versions (pre beta) of uTorrent? Didn't you see the post where if your settings ... are larger then 150KB shutdown uTorrent and delete them? With those posts - nobody should be posting with large settings.dat and settings.dat.old

Delete them. Start uTorrent again and see if that clears up your problem.

Archived