µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT 3: My settings.dat and settings.dat.old are the size of 17.8 Mt! yikes

Unfortunately, that might be the cause of your slowdown!

New 3.2 up with a lot of fixes.

Just to note, you should all check your settings.dat and delete it if it's more than 100-200kB.

SquareSoft: Didn't you see the post where it was reported there are bad settings.dat and settings.dat.old with older versions (pre beta) of uTorrent? Didn't you see the post where if your settings ... are larger then 150KB shutdown uTorrent and delete them? With those posts - nobody should be posting with large settings.dat and settings.dat.old

Delete them. Start uTorrent again and see if that clears up your problem.

Yes I saw those posts, but they did not help... I'll try again now. :)

It seems that works again (crashed once), but settings.dat is no longer growing. Magnets content is displayed fine! Still from time to time "disk overloaded". This is annoying that have to paw Process Explorer. :)

EDIT: Irritating to adjust the settings again, sometimes, or if something goes wrong. Can I export the settings to a file which can later be restored, for example, re-installation?

uTorrent 27097 don't move folder with Advanced -> Set Download Location... if the name in Name column contains some chars like question mark.

What do you suggest that uTorrent will do ? it just cannot create the new folder. Maybe just issue some error.

With 27097 build when adding magnet downloads, "added on" date is 1.1.1970. Torrent files show correct added on time. In earlier builds this worked correctly, maybe related to the new way of handling magnets.

I sort my download by the added on column, so very much like this to be corrected in the next version.

Thanks.

Yeah. I'm sure they'll fix that ASAP...

There are a couple more minor issues like:

- leftover "partfile"/folder for magnets when you select your own folder

- *not* suggesting/storing multi-files-torrents/magnets under a sub-folder with the torrent name (should be optional)

uTorrent 27097 don't move folder with Advanced -> Set Download Location... if the name in Name column contains some chars like question mark.

What do you suggest that uTorrent will do ? it just cannot create the new folder. Maybe just issue some error.

Keep the original folder name!!!

I don't understand why uT have to change folder name when move it.

Keep the original folder name!!!

I don't understand why uT have to change folder name when move it.

I guess because the current logic is to use the torrent name as the folder name, and you changing the name - like signal uTorrent you want to change the folder name it...

You are probably right. Using of the original folder name can be an option as well, but, you know others will claim it was a useful feature for them...

I think that just popping up some error dialog is best. I use "illegal" characters a lot to change torrent names, just as markers... :)

Hello,

I have a problem since the build 26934. The build 26904 was the last version unaffected by this problem.

When I start a new torrent, there are no connections with available seeds for at least five minutes after the start and thus no download: http://i.imgur.com/rR9LX.jpg

Twenty minutes after the start, µTorrent is now connected with only one seed: http://i.imgur.com/DgtVz.jpg

The build 27097 is still affected by this problem, as shown on the captures.

-- 2012-04-26: Version 3.2 beta (build 27119)

- Fix: various webui backend fixes

- Fix: various pairing issues

Hi! I just checked with build 27119 and I have seen some progress. Unfortunately, it still isn't as good as it used to be.

Here is a recap:

- build 26904 (build I'm using because it's the last build unaffected): µTorrent is connecting to a lot of peers (>66) and is using all the bandwidth available.

- since build 26934 (first build affected): µTorrent is connecting to very few peers (0 or 1).

- build 27119 (fixing pairing issues): µTorrent is connecting to a little more peers than before (~9).

Here are some captures. Same download, different builds:

- using build 27119: http://i.imgur.com/oftL6.jpg

- back to build 26904 a few seconds later: http://i.imgur.com/NFhlf.jpg

Do you need any more info? :)

Still getting a lot of errors on the log file concerning "Error opening ... .Torrent" of torrents that have completed. I have the completed torrents automatically moved to a completed directory in my preferences. The torrent is moved but uTorrent still thinks the torrent is in the "Store Torrents In" Directory. It would be interesting to know how this affects seeding - whether uTorrent uses what info hit has in memory or what - the torrents in question are in a seeding status and show a value in the Up Speed column.

Archived