µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me what's the deal with upload bandwidth limiter? When I set up the cap, actual upload speed is MUCH lower than it could be. Here's a screenshot:

PVciil.png

The cap was set at 1200 kBps, but the actual speed was capped at ~220 kBps. After the cap was lifted, the speed has settled upon ~450 kBps.

I have Win7 x64 with UAC enable.

Does it will be fixed?

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4892/32027119.png

You must have administrator rights to install µTorrent.

TNX' date=' you are right.

Needs to install this program but I copied it to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\[/quote']

The uTorrent.exe you can download from here (www.utorrent.com) are the installation file, not the "real" uTorrent.exe in the %ProgramFiles%\uTorrent\.

You must have administrator rights to install µTorrent.

TNX' date=' you are right.

Needs to install this program but I copied it to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\[/quote']

The uTorrent.exe you can download from here (www.utorrent.com) are the installation file, not the "real" uTorrent.exe in the %ProgramFiles%\uTorrent\.

I copied previous versions to C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\ and the program worked correctly.

uTorrent is new to me totally. I watched a getting started video, which implied not to search for torrent files through uTorrent--open a browser and search for the file (after opening uTorrent from "start" --> All Programs). I search Google for a torrent file, which is a HBO movie. The video mentioned VerTor.com as a safe site. Then I am to download the torrent and "save" I have not gone beyont that point because Torrent download programs appear in the window (for purchase) to ensure a safe download. I did download one of these programs for free (wx Download Fast). It is not as simple as it should be--I'm frustrated at the same thing happening over and over just to get a download. I have used uTorrent on another person's computer without this hassle although it has been quite a while. Any sugestions--from anyone (soon)? Thanks

eddieray: This question should be posted in Chat or General Threads. That being said, you can search for a movie, tv show, etc * torrent in google. It will list a ton of sites. Some are private sites and some are public. A private site has rules that you must adhere to inorder to keep your membership. Some sites have a lot of torrents - some don't. You need to find those sites that will provide you with what you want to download. Public sites are free. Private sites may require you to pay a fee - I do not know, because I do not join private sites. The danger in torrents is you may download copyright material. If you do and you get caught - you may be forced to pay alot more than if you bought it in a store. You may lose access to your internet provider. What you download, you do at your own risk.

If you are having problems - pose the question in the correct thread.

vovash: if you want to copy uTorrent executable into your program files folder yourself make sure to rename to "uTorrent.exe" and set permissions for Users (or Everyone) to Full Control on the folder where you place uTorrent if you want it to keep its data files there without Adminstrator rights. What Rafi told you is correct, installer code is built into the executable which can run automatically if the executable is not already in its program files folder. It also does need to write to the registry during install, so if you did not let it install itself then run it as administrator the first time after copying to program files so it can update the registry.

eddieray: This question should be posted in Chat or General Threads. That being said, you can search for a movie, tv show, etc * torrent in google. It will list a ton of sites. Some are private sites and some are public. A private site has rules that you must adhere to inorder to keep your membership. Some sites have a lot of torrents - some don't. You need to find those sites that will provide you with what you want to download. Public sites are free. Private sites may require you to pay a fee - I do not know, because I do not join private sites. The danger in torrents is you may download copyright material. If you do and you get caught - you may be forced to pay alot more than if you bought it in a store. You may lose access to your internet provider. What you download, you do at your own risk.

If you are having problems - pose the question in the correct thread.

And that's why the most users use µTorrent; to download copyrighted material. And no, with crypted disk and VPN, you are safe.

zhial: There is no such thing as "safe". You may be able to reduce your risk. But you will never be 100% "safe". Encryption of your disk means very little. If they can prove you download a specific torrent based on your IP or force the VPN host to give you up - thats it. A court can order you to give up your encryption key of your disks. You coud destroy your disks - but they do not need to prove that you have the data, only that you got it. And they can do that just by being part of the peer group that seeds to you.

There are plenty of ligitimate reasons for using a P2P client. And none of them involve anything illegal.

There isn't a software company out there that will recommend or support anyone doing anything illegal with their software.

zhial: There is no such thing as "safe". You may be able to reduce your risk. But you will never be 100% "safe". Encryption of your disk means very little. If they can prove you download a specific torrent based on your IP or force the VPN host to give you up - thats it. A court can order you to give up your encryption key of your disks. You coud destroy your disks - but they do not need to prove that you have the data, only that you got it. And they can do that just by being part of the peer group that seeds to you.

There are plenty of ligitimate reasons for using a P2P client. And none of them involve anything illegal.

There isn't a software company out there that will recommend or support anyone doing anything illegal with their software.

Maybe because you live in the US? They can't prove ANYTHING without access to the HDD, at least not in my country. I am feeling sorry for all in the US. :cool:

zhial: There is no such thing as "safe". You may be able to reduce your risk. But you will never be 100% "safe". Encryption of your disk means very little. If they can prove you download a specific torrent based on your IP or force the VPN host to give you up - thats it. A court can order you to give up your encryption key of your disks. You coud destroy your disks - but they do not need to prove that you have the data' date=' only that you got it. And they can do that just by being part of the peer group that seeds to you.

There isn't a software company out there that will recommend or support anyone doing anything illegal with their software.[/quote']Maybe because you live in the US? They can't prove ANYTHING without access to the HDD, at least not in my country. I am feeling sorry for all in the US. :cool:

You sound too rudely, buddy...

zhial: There is no such thing as "safe". You may be able to reduce your risk. But you will never be 100% "safe". Encryption of your disk means very little. If they can prove you download a specific torrent based on your IP or force the VPN host to give you up - thats it. A court can order you to give up your encryption key of your disks. You coud destroy your disks - but they do not need to prove that you have the data' date=' only that you got it. And they can do that just by being part of the peer group that seeds to you.

There isn't a software company out there that will recommend or support anyone doing anything illegal with their software.[/quote']Maybe because you live in the US? They can't prove ANYTHING without access to the HDD, at least not in my country. I am feeling sorry for all in the US. :cool:

You sound too rudely, buddy...

Haha, but it's true. I bet over 90 % of all µTorrent users are using the program to download "illegal" (copyrighted) music/film/games!

I have a serious problem with the last utorrent builds..

When the application is active for a few minutes, any other connection times out.

That includes DNS requests which results in Server not found errors so i don't have internet at all.

However, uTorrent keeps downloading.

Archived