µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when download complete file having no extension where exe extension goes

It is not only with the .EXE files that Utorrent do that. If it is only one file to be downloaded the extension will disappear. In the name field you must put the name you want the file to have and its respective extension. No problem with multi file download except for the fact that the name field will correspond to the folder name without possibility to change the individual files names. :(

Sad.

Sad.

A simple bug, with single files, not a big deal to fix. Just revert back to a stable version till it'll be fixed. Probably in a day or two... And I am not aware that it was ever possible to change the names of files in multi-files torrents . No need to be so sad about it ... :P

RC8 build 27547

I'm struggling with the current behavior of the "Add New Torrent" dialog.

I hope my explanation makes sense.

1)

When adding a torrent with "Add torrent..." or double clicking on a .torrent file and selecting an already existing directory with existing/matching content with the "..." button in the "Save In" section, you need to clear the name field on order to let it hash-check and join/seed the already available content.

If you do this, it uses that directory but the torrent appears nameless in the torrent list.

2)

When choosing "Add Torrent (choose save dir)..." and pointing at an already existing directory with existing/matching content, it creates a new sub-directory with the .torrent name and re-downloads all the content instead of hash-checking the existing content.

In both examples, this behavior would be fine *if* the name of the directory containing the content is always the same as the name of the .torrent file and you then point at the parent directory.

However, it's a problem if for some reason you have chosen to to use a different directory name to store the content.

In the past it was simply using the root of the chosen directory, which makes more sense to me.

NU.

RC8 build 27547

1)

When adding a torrent with "Add torrent..." or double clicking on a .torrent file and selecting an already existing directory with existing/matching content with the "..." button in the "Save In" section, you need to clear the name field on order to let it hash-check and join/seed the already available content.

If you do this, it uses that directory but the torrent appears nameless in the torrent list.

+1, i can confirm this issue (RC8 build 27547). This behaviour is driving me crazy. :/

The problem (empty name field in the uTorrent list after deleting the "Name" field in the new torrent dialog) only appears for me in case the torrent contains more than one file.

Previous RC6 issues: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=668924#p668924

RC8 issues: [still 10 to go... ]

Fixed:

(-1 To be fixed Later: crash when running "setup-guide"->speed-test twice [96,will be fixed in the next stable release])

-2 Fixed: crash when using Authenticated Sock4 proxy [119]

-3 Fixed: crash when click-download a magnet from the RSS list-view (for example - The Pirate Bay's...) [111]

-5 Fixed: "Add Torrent" dialog is wrongly assigning the torrent name as part of the "Save-as" folder name field in case of a single-file-torrent ( this is only when you select-change to a different folder, cause using the 'save-as' sub-dialog instead of 'select folder' one ) [125]

(-7 To Be Fixed Later: The Upload limiter breaks down when set to *include* overhead, and the download-induced-overhead exceeds the set limit [116, will be fixed in the next stable release] )

--8a Fixed: Swapping torrent name with file name for a single file torrent http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=666154#p666154 [132] (see # 12 below)

--8c Fixed: "Run program" when download complete - is wrongly being executed after meta-data is loaded [129]

-11 Fixed: When using magnets with multiple files, and changing the destination folder *after* meta-data is loaded, a partfile is being created and left over with the original/default folder [106]

-12 Fixed: The RC4 modified "Add torrent" in dialog is using illegal path name for a single file torrents as default "x:/.../dir.*". It also does not open the "save as" in the default download path location

-14 Replaced with #8e: In "Add magnet" when setting a new folder for multi-files - torrent, it does not use the listed "name" (sub-folder) under it [TBD]

-17 Fixed: Changing the "Name" in the "Add-torrent" - does not change the resulting file/folder name (tested on a single file torrent) [TBD]

-21 Fixed: Crash when reset detailed tabs columns

Not fixed:

-- 2012-06-29: Version 3.2 Release Candidate 8 (build 27547)

-4 Not Fixed: auto-downloading tracker-less magnets from RSS will not auto-enable DHT, and will never download [114]

-6 Not Fixed: uTP delay graph is broken (in the negative territory, and huge delay value on the Y axis ... ) [92]

-8 Not Fixed: Issues with "Add magnet" dialog:

--b"Add to top of queue" checkbox - not working [131/133]

--d Sometimes a queue # is not being assigned to a new magent download, or is being displayed after a very long time.

--e Not Fixed: The "Name" in the "Add-Magent" dialog - does not change to the file/sub-folder name when the meta-data arrives, thus - the result is a wrong target file/folder name. For a multiple file torrent it foes not use the subfolder "name" at all[TBD]

-9 Not Fixed: A status of a seeding torrent - is not being updated when "Initial seeding" is being checked/unchecked during seeding time [124]

-15 Not Fixed: Labels entered via the RSS downloader dialog - are being lost in the system and are not visible in the main view->labels column [127]

-16 Not Fixed: Poor PartFile processing causes performance issues (Disk IO, Speed) at high speeds. [118]

-18 Not Fixed: Waiting magnets are not being noticed as active in "exit on standby" after DL complete. [TBD]

-20 Not Fixed: For magnets - a newly added "always stop" behaviour after metadata arrives makes it impossble to auto-download magnets manually or from RSS w/o "babysitting" them and pressing start when they are done with the metadata... [TBD]

Waiting for the next RC ... :)

Feel free to confirm/reject any of the above points

Previous RC6 issues: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=668924#p668924

RC8 issues: [still 11 to go...

Waiting for the next RC ... :)

Feel free to confirm/reject any of the above points

Thanks Rafi -

I believe we also fixed the problem that people were having with files also being created in the default download directory when the user chose a different directory (caused by download magnet data in add torrent dialog).

Fixing that caused the new RSS auto-stop behavior. (Setting magnet links to only download metadata when added)

Fixing that caused the new RSS auto-stop behavior. (Setting magnet links to only download metadata when added)

I thought that was a new feature, not a bug... lol ;)

files also being created in the default download directory

Yeah, it's #11 in the "Fixed" section... :)

And one more bug with Add Torrent Dialog in the build #27554:

1) open any torrent and save it to any path (like D:\Path)

2) when you open another torrent the Add Torrent Dialog shows some garbage in the "Save In" field instead of the last saved path (D:\Path): it is either empty (then the torrent contents is saved to the uTorrent program folder) or it is filled with some Chinese hieroglyphs and spaces.

I've tested this bug with completely new portable "installation" of uTorrent.

So the issue isn't related to some old resume.dat and settings.dat files.

Going back to #27547 (where uTorrent doesn't mess with the last saved path)

And yeah I saw the same thing on another site, claiming RC8 was the stable.. also I don't get why we have an alpha 3.2.1

3.2.1 should be "stable" 3.2 IMO

3.2 should contain all the bug fixes required to be "stable" like the ones added to 3.2.1 and of course Rafi's magic list.

3.3 should have all the new features from 3.2.1 and any other bug fixes required.

Why rush to release? Anybody that really wants new features can always jump to the latest alpha or beta. You guys aren't doing yourselves any favors releasing "stable" build after "stable" build. Releasing a bug fix build just before finalizing another bug fix build? C'mon...

Archived