µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how the admins here can't update the thread with proper terms... still shows as RC 8 on the forum here but shows as stable on the downloads page. Don't know how hard it would be to change the thread title to show the correct information.

Registered: How does uTorrent know you moved them/it manually? uTorrent cannot simply go by the name of the file' date=' nor its size or file type. Any file can have any name. uTorrent cannot know if you have downloaded multiple torrents that include the same subject file, same size, but perhaps with a different codec or frame rate, etc. And if you now point to a different location - to what uTorrent thinks is a new file - uTorrent must do a re-check. If you want to move files - move them within uTorrent then you do not need to do a re-check.[/quote']

Simply put, BitTorrent depends heavily on hashing as part of its verification mechanism. If you bypass hash checking when a file is moved, added, or deleted, you remove the reliability of the protocol.

All the info is in the utorrent resume file on utorrent restart it doesn't fully check all data for files it knows are in settings - directories. But does when a user ha moved their files to other locations not set in settings - directories. All that needs changing is a flag each time utorrent closes to say the torrent is ok as it does for all the settings - directories torrents.

If flag isn't changed then more settings - directories locations are needed let say 20 as a start but could need many more. Depends if user places torrents to hdd root or within sub folders. Would be easy to set same flag in the resume file as is done with those torrents in settings - directories that don't need check on each utorrent restart.

So all torrents are treated the same as if they were in settings - directories locations. That is if were ok last time utorrent ran they should still be ok. Why treat some torrent different to other because user hasn't enough settings - directory locations to make them work the same as those in settings - directory locations.

Unknown: I only assume it is resume data that holds the flags for how torrents resume (unknown). Though could be another utorrent background file, I'm sure the developers know which one hold this data.

Nested folders are not displayed correctly in Torrent Contents.

When there are sub-folders with the same name in several locations uTorrent (3.2 #27547) fails to put them properly in the Torrent Contents tree.

Take, for example, the following screenshots:

utbug1.png

utbug2.png

But both "1 Season" and "2 Season" folders contain sub-folders named "Extras":

utbug3.png

Both that Extras sub-folders contents is displayed inside of "6 Season...\Extras" sub-folder in Add Torrent dialog.

The torrent was created by "uTorrent/3000", btw.

You can download it here: http://www.multiupload.nl/BM1CBVM2SQ

Are you guys serious? Still shows this release as RC instead of stable on the forums... is it really hard to update the thread title? Not professional at all... and on top of that, the current stable version shows 3.2 build 27568 on the downloads page... but in this thread, the current version is build 27547... mind updating the thread showing us those changes as well? How hard is it to keep the threads updated to let us all know the changes/fixes in the current build? Would have thought you guys would've learned your lesson after people complained about the lack of communication... makes me wonder if uTorrent is the right choice anymore.

Maybe do it same as Firefox does which shows 'You are currently on the xxxx update channel'

Where xxxx is written release or beta. Firefox though doesn't do so well and maybe utorrent can do better. That is updates for both release and beta are offered.

I'm sure utorrent users could read

'update available for v3.2 Beta build (27600)' or update available for v3.2 Official Release'

Though some may like to download the instead of update now maybe to do a backup of their utorrent files first.

So is uTorrent 3.2 Stable/Final, or not...?

Also, the Release Notes link for µTorrent Stable (3.2 build 27568) on the download page is broken - please fix??

I mean:

For Windows (874.39 KB)

English (US) - July 5, 2012

Links leads to the same page, instead of page with Release Notes.

So is uTorrent 3.2 Stable/Final' date=' or not...?

...instead of page with Release Notes.[/quote']

maybe... ;) and there is no "page" with release notes...

There was one for (most) older versions.

Yes, there was. I guess they've just got tired...

This one post wonder uses utorrent for years...

I was looking for solutions all over the net, here in this forum too, but for no avail. This goes on for months now. The same problem, as I sketched in my lost post..., and new versions come and go, but the same bugs stay. With 3.2 I can't even download anything...

"I download a file - disk overload. If I set the cache to 1700 MB it works, but the flushing never ends. Either freezes (disk overload). or if I turn off the program I lose the data in the cache and it starts over from an earlier point... A Neverending Story."

Quote from the deleted reply.

BTW I use win7 64 bit, but I think you know that this problem exist, because there are hundreds of post with the same bug, same config...

One post or not, I don't think censorship is the answer (and a cheeky one at that) for a not-working application...

With 3.2 I can't even download anything...

Strange, I can... Not saying there is no need to optimize Disk I/O, especially for high speed Internet connections, though...

And if you are around the forums for years, I'm sure you've tried the config in my sig... Too bad it didn't work for you :(

Also, I suggest you try the next 3.2.1 release.

Yes I've tried, that and many others. With yours I only got 3kbps downloads, just as with disk overload (it won't show that the disk is overloaded, though). I used the same time tixati that worked half the bandwidth I have. (yes I've tried with only utorrent downloading).

Its more than half a year that I play the "try the next one"-game.

If there weren't magnet links, I would never have changed to utorrent 3... That's when the whole Walk to Canossa began...

But thank you for the help.

With yours I only got 3kbps

Definitely an specific issue with uT on *your* system. I'm sure you understand that if this was so all around, we wouldn't see 100M users with 3.x releases...

Since you choose to keep related info to yourself, I can only wish you good luck with your alternative client.

Yes I've tried, that and many others. With yours I only got 3kbps downloads, just as with disk overload (it won't show that the disk is overloaded, though).

In Preferences | Bandwidth, Do you have "Apply rate limit to transport overhead" checked?

In Preferences | Bandwidth, Do you have "Apply rate limit to transport overhead" checked?

Yes, its on.

Definitely an specific issue with uT on *your* system. I'm sure you understand that if this was so all around, we wouldn't see 100M users with 3.x releases...

If you google "my specific issue" you'll find many few dozens with the same problems. BTW this is an almost thousand replies topic, and mostly not praising. And best wishes for you too. Back then I searched and found utorrent. Now its time to move on.

I've tried many clients the last few days and I can download files with all of them. I have problems of not liking the interface and stuff like that. But they are all working (except of course the "purple utorrent"). So much for the my end theory...

You still haven't given the developers any information that's actually useful in troubleshooting or tracking down the supposed bug.

All you are saying here is "I have this problem, and others do too, so the program is obviously broken." That doesn't tell anyone anything.

Archived