µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What OS are you all on ? I'm with Win7 32 bit.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64 bit.

And who says if was tested and verified to work on this "beta" OS? I think you ask too much of it or the devs... :/

Excuse me please but I thought we are who test it on the full spectrum of available OS' date=' aren't we? And [b']rivilis's answer tells me that our bug is not so OS-dependent...

Both adding the torrent and downloading - worked OK for me... :/

The crash caused only when the confirmation window is active.

If i disable the UI Options > Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advance mode the torrent works just fine and its a simple workaround until this crash is fixed :)

This worked for me. I am using Windows 7 Professional SP 1 x64.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64 bit.

And who says if was tested and verified to work on this "beta" OS? I think you ask too much of it or the devs... :/

Excuse me please but I thought we are who test it on the full spectrum of available OS' date=' aren't we? And [b']rivilis's answer tells me that our bug is not so OS-dependent...

OK, I excuse you... And no, we suppose to run it on the *supported* OSes. Others are on your own risk...

And I didn't say it is not a bug, just that the conditions/settings for it to occur are not yet fully understood .

OK, I excuse you...

OK, now I'm happy. Excuse me one more time for the off-topic but I sit on Windows 8 one and half year - since it was helpless draft of operating system up to now when it's *almost* final ready for massive use. And there are two only applications on my side that make some problems on Eight. µTorrent is one of them. I'm sure that application tuning for the specific OS has to be done not *after* its official release but in time *to* it. Previews, first Developer, than Consumer one, are released including that purpose. In our case, there is the time before January 2013. So I really do not ask "too much" of program or developers, just try to formulate the problem.

Hi,

are there still going to be some changes for the "Add new Torrent" dialog?

It currently seems a bit broken to me:

While I like the directory/file path separation into two text boxes having them side by side is not ideal (at least for my use cases).

When I add torrents (I open a torrent/magnet link on a website and the dialog pops up) I want them to download into different folders depending on its content.

Before the dialog change I used to click into the path text box and used the mouse wheel to alternate between my different folders.

Now the folder text box is so small, that when I click into it, only the last parts of the folder path are displayed.

Which renders me unable to differentiate between the different folders.

Which brings me to my next point:

Every torrent now seems to create a new subfolder even if it is a single file. Which is kind of annoying but ok if that is intended.

But µTorrent also remembers that path and suggests that path for the next added torrent, which leads to unexpected results when one is not carefully observing the destination path.

I already have a lot of:

D:\My Stuff\Downloads\µT\magnet (***************************************)\magnet (***************************************)\magnet (***************************************)\magnet (***************************************)

And my last point:

The handling of magnet links. It would be great if µTorrent would first download the magnet link data in the background and then pop up the "Add new Torrent" dialog, enabling me to select the files I want to download right there.

Since I guess many wouldn't like waiting until the magnet link data is downloaded until the dialog pops up, another idea might be:

Popping the dialog up directly while loading the magnet link data in the background and update the dialog once it finishes.

EDIT: After reading the forum a bit more, I learned that the magnet link handling is being worked on, so I revoke my last point :P

OK, I excuse you... And no, we suppose to run it on the *supported* OSes. Others are on your own risk...

And I didn't say it is not a bug, just that the conditions/settings for it to occur is not fully understood yet.

I have the issue and im on Windows 7 x64.

Its not related to windows 8.

Now the folder text box is so small, that when I click into it, only the last parts of the folder path are displayed.

Which renders me unable to differentiate between the different folders.

Will this be OK for you ?

2b4d1e180587024.jpg

Yeah, that would be great.

Ok... if that was up to me - it would be in one of the next betas... Too bad it is not up to me, so we'll keep our fingers crossed for the devs to notice it... :P

Next issue:

Every torrent now seems to create a new subfolder even if it is a single file.

Why does in NOT happen to me ? I have a single file created under my defined default download path. Do you have such path defined?

I've checked again. It looks like it only happens with magnet links.

If I open torrent files, the correct path is remembered afterwards (i.e. the one I chose).

But if I open a magnet link, it will remember the path I chose plus "magnet (****)" attached as a subfolder (i.e. <PathIChose>\magnet (****) ).

Which will be the first suggestion for the next torrent I open.

Again, I see it differently. BOTH magnets are stored under their magnet link "name" as a path here (which is wrong!) but the dialog shows the default path on left . The reason is that they do not know yet if it is a multi-file torrent or not. Anyway it is a small bug, and you should just clear/delete the magnet link in the file-name field. (Windows 7/32).

Why is utorrent now created a folder having the name of the file even if you download one file in torrent?

I have the same issue.

When you open some single-file torrent (with filename "FileName.ext"),

and the last saving path was "D:\SomePath\"

uTorrent makes have the following correct path values:

Save in: D:\SomePath

Name: FileName.ext

The resulting path will be: D:\SomePath\FileName.ext

If you click the arrow in the "Save in" field and select some old path from history, the path values are also set correctly:

Save in: D:\SomeOldPath

The resulting path will be: D:\SomeOldPath\FileName.ext

But if you click the [...] button and open the "Save As..." dialog and go to "D:\SomeNewPath\" and click Save, the path values are set incorrectly:

Save in: D:\SomeNewPath\FileName.ext

The resulting path will be: D:\SomeNewPath\FileName.ext\FileName.ext

After clicking "[Сохранить]" (Save) in the following "Save As" dialog:

1169.png

the incorrect values are set:

1171.png

The resulting path will be: D:\SomeNewPath\FileName.ext\FileName.ext

That is really annoying. Please either fix the path/filename parsing or add the option to turn on the old behavior with only one field (for both filepath and filename).

Now the folder text box is so small' date=' that when I click into it, only the last parts of the folder path are displayed.

Which renders me unable to differentiate between the different folders.[/quote']

Will this be OK for you ?

http://thumbnails46.imagebam.com/18059/2b4d1e180587024.jpg

Yep. This will be OK.

I would make it even more compact:

pathname.png

Or it can be resizable like the search field in Opera Browser:

1174u.png

(note the cursor between the address field and the search field - you can drag it and resize both fields in one move)

Also I don't like the algorithm of separating of the filename from the full path.

E.g. I open the torrent with one season of Castle series containing multiple episodes.

It has the name "Castle Series 1"

uTorrent sets the following path values:

Save In: D:\SomeLastUsedPath

Name: Castle Series 1

the resulting path will be: D:\SomeLastUsedPath\Castle Series 1\

I think that the field "Name" should be used only for single-file torrents,

but as for multiple-files torrents the filed "Name" should be empty.

Like this:

Save In: D:\SomeLastUsedPath\Castle Series 1

Name:

The field "Save in" should contain the path, and the filed "Name" should contain the filename (if present). Just so. Now the behavior is mixed and I have to waste more time checking the correctness of the filename than earlier (when there was only one field containing the full path). Because in various cases the resulting path can become either "D:\SomeLastUsedPath\Castle Series 1\Castle Series 1\" or "D:\SomeLastUsedPath\".

Why is utorrent now created a folder having the name of the file even if you download one file in torrent?

I am experiencing this issue as well.

In response to Rafi's reply on the matter, I do not use any "default directory" settings.

Archived