µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

Why is utorrent now created a folder having the name of the file even if you download one file in torrent?

I am experiencing this issue as well.

In response to Rafi's reply on the matter' date=' I do not use any "default directory" settings.[/quote']

So, use one... Under what folder do you want uTorrent to store it's stuff?... :P

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is utorrent now created a folder having the name of the file even if you download one file in torrent?

In response to Rafi's reply on the matter' date=' I do not use any "default directory" settings.[/quote']

So, use one... Under what folder do you want uTorrent to store it's stuff?... :P

But it's very inconvenient! I suppose that every movie, song, book you download has to live in its dedicated place from the very beginning. What's the reason to download it to some common folder and then move into permanent residence?;)

But it's very inconvenient! I suppose that every movie, song, book you download has to live in its dedicated place from the very beginning. What's the reason to download it to some common folder and then move into permanent residence?;)

Who says you have to store it there? I've suggested to just *define* it. uT will suggest to store it under there, and you can manually change the folder and select whatever you like.

The thing is, that after you select another folder, uT *suggests* a sub-folder with the torrent's name. You can easily just delete this sub-folder extension in the dialog. This is useful when you have a multi-files torrent, and I guess it comes from that use case.

Maybe it can be more user friendly to not suggest any sub-folder in case of a single file torrent. :/

The thing is, that after you select another folder, uT *suggests* a sub-folder with the torrent's name. You can easily just delete this sub-folder extension in the dialog. This is useful when you have a multi-files torrent, and I guess it comes from that use case.

This isn't useful at all. I prefer to specify the path myself (because in most cases I am not happy with the names, specified by the authors of torrent-files) so there's no need in uTorrent suggesting the sub-folder - in 90% cases I need to change it.

That's why uTorrent doesn't do any good by suggesting anything (it only wastes my time), especially in cases with single-file torrents.

Changelog:

-- 2012-03-20: Version 3.2 beta (build 26904)

- Feature: Warn when adding a trackerless magnet link and DHT is disabled

1. Doesn’t seem to work if you download from an RSS feed (even manually).

2. Also, this feature is partly broken, since it attend to the global DHT setting, but does not take care to enable the individual torrent DHT - setting (pref.bitTorrent->"Enable DHT for new torrents")

Note: It can also help to have an option to set this "DHT" enable as the default operation , so such linkes, added by the RSS auto downloader will have DHT enabled w/o any user intervention!

User13, it only takes effect on new torrents, not existing torrents.

IFar

^Correct answer to the different question. Not this one.

Had to read up on this. apparently it is the default behavior and it will always preallocate files, unless you use "sparse files" and/or "compact writes" in advanced setting

where is the new utorrent file. it was downloaded in the wrong download site on my pc and will not work from there. its got to go to sue/downloads and not the other spot which is fake from smartware western digital created some how which i have been i have no program at all now. my original file i was using last night is gone. everything is gone . where do i get the new version you asked me to do when i turned my pc on?

Archived