µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

Downloaded the new beta because the stable was freezing up periodically.

Beta never froze on me but when downloads finish they do not then move to my NAS.

Checked setting for move and it was marked as before.

Reloaded the stable and they move as desired.

Did a second run for the beta - no move.

Back to stable and again they move.

Am i missing something?

To early to tell if the stable will continue to periodically freeze.

Love the software!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remove and delete .torrent and data; doesn't delete the torrent folder.

It just leaves it empty.

Not true. It does that only if it was a single file torrent, or there is an unrelated file in that folder.

That being said, there is this bug we mentioned before - when uTorrent suggests a folder in the add-torrent dialog even if it was a single file torrent. In this semi-buggy case - it will not delete the new folder... :P

I would try this version, but I do *not* like the new ADD (Name) dialog. Why not simply make it an OPTION to display that way?

I like the *existing* ADD dialog - it suits me just fine and, IMHO, needed no tweaking. There a a lot of OTHER issues that should have been given higher priority than that. It is an irritating "feature" that has clearly spawned several additional problems, making the whole thing MUCH more trouble than it was ever worth.

The last beta (26904) don't move my finished downloads to another specified folder that I've specified, although I've marked this chekbox (Move completed downloads to). :(

Do you see this "not moving" issue with any torrent? location? or with a particular types? For me, a multi-files torrent is being moved just fine to another drive.

This occurs with all torrents, and all they were AVI files, the location are in the same drive, only that is a different folder. But until now I hadn't any problem with this. :/

The files begin download in folder C:\Users\ROBERTO\Downloads\temporals and when are finished must be move to C:\Users\ROBERTO\Downloads\Movies

Seems that user Crossedover same thing happens.

Beta never froze on me but when downloads finish they do not then move to my NAS.

Checked setting for move and it was marked as before.

Reloaded the stable and they move as desired.

Did a second run for the beta - no move.

Back to stable and again they move.

the tracker urls become corrupted...I suspect it malformed the particular torrent files

A screenshot + the torrent file itself would be nice. I don't see the devs fixing such an issue (if there is one) without those.

I just figured out it's torrents from a particular private tracker. I've x'ed out my identifying ID number from one of the torrents and uploaded it here:

http://getoffmyinternet.mzzt.net/test.torrent

I reproduced the crash with it on build 26904 and submitted a dump using the crash handler UI. Sometimes it crashes sometimes it doesn't, but you'll see the string corruption going on in the Trackers tab.

I should also mention (yeah this is probably important) I'm running the Windows 8 Community Preview x64. I don't recall if I had problems on Windows 7 x64. I might try tomorrow to see if it's an OS-specific issue. I think that may be likely since I see nothing about this issue on the private tracker's forums, so it can't be a global issue with utorrent across all system configurations.

Also the string corruption only occurs once the torrent is started. The strange error "Cannot get SSL chunk size" is shown sometimes in the tracker tab for the first update, probably because of the string corruption causing it to try and connect to a nonsense address or something along those lines.

Remove and delete .torrent and data; doesn't delete the torrent folder.

It just leaves it empty.

Not true. It does that only if it was a single file torrent' date=' or there is an unrelated file in that folder.

That being said, there is this bug we mentioned before - when uTorrent suggests a folder in the add-torrent dialog even if it was a single file torrent. In this semi-buggy case - it will not delete the new folder... :P[/quote']

It doesn't delete the folder for me. Dialog doesn't change much- I always click "yes"

New build up.

The add torrent dialog should now correctly handle magnet links and single-file torrents.

Splitting the save path + name up into two entries simplifies things greatly with history handling and in general.

It also makes it simpler for us to implement simple rename operations for the torrent folder, to help us fix the issues with set download location not allowing you to rename or not move. Set DL location isn't really fixed yet, but this is a step towards that.

New build up.

The add torrent dialog should now correctly handle magnet links and single-file torrents.

Splitting the save path + name up into two entries simplifies things greatly with history handling and in general.

It also makes it simpler for us to implement simple rename operations for the torrent folder, to help us fix the issues with set download location not allowing you to rename or not move. Set DL location isn't really fixed yet, but this is a step towards that.

Congrats, it doesn't crash anymore while adding new torrent.

The idea was to also keep it usable (=longer/stretchable as before)... :P

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=647100#p647100

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=648282#p648282

-- 2012-03-22: Version 3.2 beta (build 26934)

- Fix: the DHT enable dialog when adding magnet links that require it now also sets "use DHT for new torrents"

Much better, but it should set it in the particular torrent that requires it, and not change the global setting that the user has set as the default he likes.

- Fix: shutdown hang introduced in 3.2 beta

Still hangs as before (sometimes), when trying to shut down when there is an active download.

I have another problem, but it is'nt only with this beta, occurs sin several previous versions, beta and no, including the previous stable version (2.x), the problem is that sometimes the disk overload and I can not work, I can not do anything, uTorrent sucks all the resources of system, if I want to work with the computer I have to pause all downloads, and when I leave resuming them again. It's a nightmare. :mad:

Did yo any solution?. :(

My computer specifications:

specs2na.png

taskf.png

Disk overloaded 100%...back to 1.7.7 AGAIN :(
I only get the Disk Overload when I *don't* disable Windows caching and *don't* set my custom cache to the max of 1800mb.
that sometimes the disk overload

Did any of you try to increase (or set) all the threads & IO priorities to "normal" (at least the one which is "idle") and see if it changes anything? (Process Hacker)

Archived