Magnet link support?

PsycloneTW

I posted this thread because I tried to paste the magnet link under the Add option in the remote app and when I did, and still do, I get this message:

Nothing added: unknown protocol: magnet

I have been able to get it to work simply by clicking on the link in my mobile browser. It seems that the app sets up an association between magnet links the remote app so just clicking on them will automatically launch and add the magnet link to the remote app, it will fail though if you aren't logged into the remote app(there seems to be a bug around this in that even if you have the 'Stay signed in' checkbox checked), so open the remote app, make sure you're logged in then click the magnet link in your browser and it should work. I hadn't tried just clicking on it before posting this thread so I didn't know it worked :)

At any rate, that's my experience.

• 2 months later...
I posted this thread because I tried to paste the magnet link under the Add option in the remote app and when I did, and still do, I get this message:

Nothing added: unknown protocol: magnet

I have been able to get it to work simply by clicking on the link in my mobile browser. It seems that the app sets up an association between magnet links the remote app so just clicking on them will automatically launch and add the magnet link to the remote app, it will fail though if you aren't logged into the remote app(there seems to be a bug around this in that even if you have the 'Stay signed in' checkbox checked), so open the remote app, make sure you're logged in then click the magnet link in your browser and it should work. I hadn't tried just clicking on it before posting this thread so I didn't know it worked :)

At any rate, that's my experience.

Thanks, that does work for me too from the browser. Unfortunately it does not work from the free app for TPB although the app does let you search and then open in browser... That seems to make the app pointless.

Could somebody help me to understand a magnet link. Some torrents are only magnet and I don't seem to be able to download. There is obviously something I'm missing. Way back in the past, I used to click on a magnet link and it seemed to behave in the same way as a normal torrent dwnld. Now I seem to get nothing happening. Please help out there,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

im also having issues, adding torrents. I can add via rss, but im limited viewing only 50 at a time, so its inefficient.

and when I click download torrent in chrome browser it downloads, then it switches/launches to Utorrent remote, but nothing happens it doesn't add . when I get the URL of the download torrent button, and add it, it tries to add it as an RSS feed and still does nothing :(

im using latest remote as of 9th january 2013

magnet link is supported on the webremote but not on the android app

can the android app have it added thanks

Unrelated post to the main topic, but thought to clear one point here. As of now, magnet link is supported in the beta android app (I use version 1.15.22 (build 28745)).

Archived