Broken downloads (video mainly) - Anyone else?

bemymonkey

Hi everyone,

Lately I've been getting a few broken downloads... mostly XVID or X264 files. The downloads look like they've finished fine, but then when I try to play them, it's obvious that they're broken.

Forcing a re-check in uTorrent then reveals that they're only 20-30% finished, even though uTorrent shows 100% and has even started seeding.

Anyone else? This is driving me insane...

Yep i am having the same problem. Any video i downloaded didnt work on any of the PC's in the house. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling utorrent but it is exactly the same. I have switched to using bitlord. Disappointed as i really like the way utorrent works and have used it for many years now. I hope that some solution is found.

Hi everyone,

Lately I've been getting a few broken downloads... mostly XVID or X264 files. The downloads look like they've finished fine, but then when I try to play them, it's obvious that they're broken.

Forcing a re-check in uTorrent then reveals that they're only 20-30% finished, even though uTorrent shows 100% and has even started seeding.

Anyone else? This is driving me insane...

Yikes, sounds like something's really wrong on your PC.

What version of µTorrent are you using? Have you tried doing a memory test overnight on the machine?

OK so i turned off all the media server stuff on the NAS and it was the same. Tried saving to the PC's HDD and it works fine. For some reason utorrent no longer likes my NAS even though i have been using it for over a year with no issues. Has something in utorrent changed? Like i said another torrent client works fine with no issues.

Tried another PC saving to the NAS and same result so its deffinetly the NAS thats responsible. I think something changed when the firmware upgraded but i cant revert :( However i dont understand why other torrent clients work so it must be possible to get this working. Anyone have any ideas?

Archived