Upload not working, "no incoming connection" warning doesn't go away

NWG369

For some reason, my upload speeds are virtually nonexistent (usually they alternate between 0 kB/s and 0.1 kB/s though I've actually seen 0.3 kB/s once or twice (though only briefly)). I get that little triangle in the bottom right corner of the uTorrent application telling me that I have no incoming connection, but when I click it and run the test it says that everything is working fine and sometimes the icon turns into the green circle for just a moment and then disappears, only to come back a few minutes later as the triangle icon again. Even when it turns green, though, the upload speeds remain awful. I've already done the port forwarding thing and it worked fine (uTorrent's test even agrees with me), so I know that's not the problem.

I initially thought that perhaps my university throttled my upload speeds, but I've been home for the past few days and the upload speed hasn't changed a bit. I used to have good speeds a couple years ago when I used to torrent a bit and my download speed is excellent, at home and at my university.

If anybody knows what the problem might be (and perhaps a way to fix it), it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

P.S. I'm using the newest version of uTorrent, though I tried older versions as well to see if perhaps the error was with the latest version but they didn't work either.

I'm having the same problem! When I run the test from the corner triangle, sometimes it works and sometimes it fails, saying something about the socket is not connected. I have no idea what that means.

Everything was fine until yesterday when I noticed it. Everything turns red, nothing is blue. Sometimes after the test runs successfully everything turns blue, but then goes back to red as trackers update.

Can anybody help, please?

Archived