uTorrent brings down my Router or Modem

quackbuster

Every time I try to run uTorrent using the setup as determined by the Setup Guide, I get some really nice speeds to begin with, but then my router or modem freezes. The only way I can keep things running is by making the following changes:

Bandwidth

Global Maximum Connections = 50

Maximum Number Connected Peers per Torrent = 10

Advanced

bt.connect speed = 5

bt.transp_disposition = 5

But this throttles my downloads from >1000 KB/s down to < 100KB/s

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

I have a Linksys BEFSR81...As for the SPI firewall, I am not sure what you are referring to, but if this was a firewall issue, I wouldn't get data at any speed, would I? I think my issue has something to do with either the transport protocol or the number of connections.

By the way, I am now reaching a total of 540KB/s on three torrents, better than before, but still at a little less than half of what I was getting before.

As for the SPI firewall, I am not sure what you are referring to, but if this was a firewall issue, I wouldn't get data at any speed, would I? I think my issue has something to do with either the transport protocol or the number of connections.

Nope. It's a secondary firewall in the router that absolutely FAILS when torrenting through it. Turn it off in the router configuration.

Archived