Add New Torrent - The new file name box

nonsense

Nope. We split it so it matches up with the revamped set download location and rename functionality.

Setting your download folder and changing the internal name are two separate operations, and always have been. We're just making the semantics of it clearer in the AT dialog.

As I mentioned in IRC, the simple solution would be to not waste space having two groupboxes, and stack the path vertically in the same groupbox.

Save As

Path | | |...|

Name | |

This would've gotten the job done without making both input boxes perfectly unusable.

• 2 months later...

Yeah I get the same thing.

When adding a torrent that has no directories, in the "Save in" box it will end up creating a folder that has the same name as the file (eg. C:\Users\ezrideroftp\Desktop\VideoFile.mp4).

Although it won't do this if you don't change the Save path, it's still highly annoying having to delete part of the text just so it doesn't create that folder each time you add a torrent and save to a different location.

I still don't understand what was wrong with the way it used to be (one box showing save location). It worked perfectly, now it just takes up more space with a second box and it takes more time to deal with. Sure it's only a few seconds, but it's just plain annoying when you're adding multiple torrents on a daily basis.

The problem is the Save In should always select a folder. But for single file torrents it uses a Save As file dialog box. So it is confusing and will always cause problems with users that do not understand the quirks. You need to just save it in any default location and change the Name field to anything you want to save the file as - then Set Download Location to relocate the file.

Multi-file torrents will cause a problem if you select a folder with the same name as the Name box. ....folder name\folder Name. In that case you need to select the folder above where the name folder would be. i.e. Select root ....\Root folder\folder "Name".

It has been reported in the past. I do not know if they will ever fix it.

Archived