Speed dropped from ~720kbps to ~400kbps

nekro.

Hello

This is a really weird problem I'm having and you'll see why. My internet connection speed is around 5.5mbps-6.0mbps which means my max download speed was always around 720kbps. Now something happened... it did not happen precisely after updating to 3.1.2 though, so that shouldn't be the cause. Anyways, my speed now averages 400-450kbps. BUT a big BUT, I notice that, when I open my web browser and try to access my router, it slowly loads the page, and while it is loading the page for ~15 seconds, my torrent speed goes up high to 650kbps and then when the page has finished loading, it goes back to the 400-450kbps. This was not a mere coincidence, since I've tested it dozen times. Weird huh? I suspect something related to the hard disk but I'm not really an expert on these stuff. :S

What exactly is causing this and how can I fix it?

Please feel free to ask any questions related, I'd be glad to answer as this is driving me nuts.

I'm afraid I have no idea what that is. I know I haven't changed anything in the router lately. My router is Speedport W 503V (also a modem). I have looked around the settings but I cannot find anything related to a firewall or SPI firewall.

Archived