Sluggish Internet When Running uTorrent...

Rezinus

I have recently began having internet issues when I am running uTorrent. After I close uTorrent, my internet goes back to normal after a few minutes.

My internet becomes very slow and it takes forever for pages to load on any browser I use. I use ESET Smart Security 5.0.95.0 and have set the firewall to allow uTorrent traffic, however this is not solving the issue.

My ISP is RoadRunner/TimeWarner with broadband connection. I have tried using 3 different setup guides including the one provided here and the one in the program itself with no luck.

Can someone try to assist me in getting everything working properly again?

Feel free to ask any questions regarding setup/config in order to help you narrow down any issues.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thx.

ARRIS makes a wide variety of modems. a model # would be helpful..

You didn't mention how many torrents you are downloading or at what speed, but...

Make sure your download speed is set correctly. See the speed guide thread on how to set your max up and down.

It could be your torrent is consuming all the available bandwidth, or your upload speed is choking your download ability (meaning it's max out uploading and no space left to send out packet requests for browsing).

IFar

ARRIS makes a wide variety of modems. a model # would be helpful..

You didn't mention how many torrents you are downloading or at what speed, but...

Make sure your download speed is set correctly. See the speed guide thread on how to set your max up and down.

It could be your torrent is consuming all the available bandwidth, or your upload speed is choking your download ability (meaning it's max out uploading and no space left to send out packet requests for browsing).

IFar

ARRIS model: TM502G

When this issue began I had maybe 5-6 active torrents. Now I have only 1 but the issue persists. And it is like that whether I am downloading or just seeding. Only after I close uTorrent does my internet go back to normal.

Like I mentioned in my OP, I have used the speed guide settings, as well as others with no luck.

Using speedtest.net, my DL speeds vary between 12-15 mbps on average, and about 0.95 mbps UL.

Is the modem connected via USB or ethernet?

What do you have your maximum download and upload set to?

Also are you setting "apply rate limit" to UTP connections? Local connections?

IFar

The modem is connected via Ethernet I believe.

Max UL: 75

Max DL: 0/Unlimited

Apply rate limit to uTP is checked.

As for local connections, I am unsure. If you mean "Limit local peer bandwidth" under BitTorrent tab, then it is unchecked.

Archived