Intermittent speed display bug

reader50

uTorrent Mac v2.0.2

OSX 10.5.8 PPC

This one I've been noticing for months, but it's unpredictable. Has appeared since the 1.5.x series, but I'm not sure exactly where I began noticing it. No obvious pattern to when it will appear.

Every once in awhile, uTorrent will show impossibly high speeds on one or more active torrents. I've seen numbers as high as 2.5 GB/sec. Can affect upload or download figures, most commonly both.

The summary figures at the bottom of the uTorrent window include the impossible numbers, and the ETA estimates take the impossible numbers into account.

Once the error appears, the numbers slowly wander back down to their real values over about 30 seconds. The ETAs take a few minutes to return to normal. The speed graph does not show the huge errors. Actual speeds appear to have remained normal during the error display.

Below, first picture shows the error in effect, with the numbers in the process of wandering back down to normal. Second picture shows the speeds right again, but the ETAs have not finished correcting themselves. Note the speed graph does not show any spikes.

My connection is via DSL, and the computer has a 100 Mbps connection to the switch. So the reported speeds cannot be related to either physical connection.

SpeedError1.jpg

SpeedError2.jpg

Archived