Utorrent sucks all bandwidth.. and YES I have read and tried all

Malakie

Recently got broadband in my home. Fired up Utorrent however it sucks ALL bandwidth when running.. and I mean all. TV won't connect, other 5 computers will not connect, even forces a good 5 minute wait after exiting Utorrent before my network regains any connection the the internet.

I HAVE tried everything suggestion in messages, readme's, FAQ, setup guides etc. I am also not a novice at this. I have changed every setting in Utorrent that I can think of to no avail.

So I am trying this last ditch effort to get help in case I missed something.

My connection is a 6mbps connection. I have a basic Linksys WRK 54g router. NOT the WRT 54g, the WRK version. Model is V1.0 and no updates for it are available via Linksys. The router has no issues with ANYTHING else I use, run or pass through it.

I have one primary system that I use most. I have 4 other systems I use for various things, i.e. music/video storage, programming, games or whatever. My full 7.1 digital home entertainment system is also hard connected as well for online access of music, movies and whatever else is floating out there.

All systems except the home theatre are running 100/1000 network cards or interfaces.

I can multiple load the network from multiple machines without any issues, including watching HD movies while downloading massive files or playing some online game. No issue there with bottlenecks.

The moment I power up Utorrent however.. boom.. offline for everything else.. EVEN on the machine I am running Utorrent on!

So if anyone has any ideas, I am all ears! If I cannot get this resolved, then I guess I will have to quit using Utorrent for something else. I like Utorrent however so my hope is that is not the avenue I need to take.

Anyone?

Start with running the Setup Guide, manually enter there your UPLOAD speed with your ISP (not the 6 Mbit/s download speed that you have) and save. Then reset any advanced setting that have a *. After that we'll see what next.

Start with running the Setup Guide, manually enter there your UPLOAD speed with your ISP (not the 6 Mbit/s download speed that you have) and save. Then reset any advanced setting that have a *. After that we'll see what next.

Already have the settings you recommended. Wiped everything and started clean. No change.

"If I cannot get this resolved' date=' then I guess I will have to quit using Utorrent for something else".[/quote']

Do the same test with a different client. What do you get when you do this?

I second that. Maybe also try it with an older version, too, it's a quick check.

Logically, it sounds like you've somehow given your torrent client a higher priority over the rest of the connections in your house. Also, that 6mbit/s is probably for use among all of your devices, TV / phone / anything else you might have, so if you're allocating anywhere near the full amount, you're clogging your internet pipes. Additionally, who's your ISP? Maybe they've got something to do with it?

Archived