Jump to content

error: the specified network is no longer available...


Recommended Posts

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure out why this keeps happening. It happens approximately 85% of the time, but the other 15% it seems fine.

I'm using time warner cable hooked up through a linksys e4200 (hardwired through router to the desktop).

I'm trying to save the torrents to the network external hard drive that is also hooked up via usb directly to the router.

I don't have any wifi issues and the bandwidth test speeds seem normal. Even after I get the error message saying the network doesn't exist...I can still access the folders both wirelessly and through the desktop and the files that are there play without any issues. The network is definitely still there...

I've been searching the forums but the majority of people that had this problem were using WIn XP and it was a few years ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Utorrent was working fine up until about two weeks ago. I'm running version 3.1.3. Do I need to download a different version of the program? Can I change any of the settings in the software? Is it a router issue?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...even if you could paste a link of where I can find a possible answer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

I have the same error in a similar setup, Windows XP downloading to a network drive off of a WD TV Live Plus HD media player


To recover, I run "CHKDSK /F" on the drive; one of the dowloaded files will have size changed to 0 bytes. I delete that file then restart the torrent.


Before, I didn't t run CHKDSK, and eventually, I had more serious problems with the drive; once I had it replaced under warranty, and the other time, I had to reformat it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...