Quit when downloads complete - problem

rei85

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with scheduled tasks in torrent. When I start a new torrent download and the second later I set the program to quit after all downloads are completed, the program immediately shows me the countdown before shutting down, even if the download it's not even started.

I think the problem is related to the fact that the download takes a while before actually receiving packets (around 10 minutes or so) but the status is anyway on "downloading" so I don't understand why this happens.

Because of this problem I can't use this feature unless I wait the download to actually start, meaning I have to wait minutes in front of my computer...

Is that a bug or something is wrong on my side? Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, sorry I obviously mixed things up. I already had the scheduler turned off and I have that problem with the Auto Shutdown feature Just tried again with a freshly add torrent and went to AutoShotdown to set the program to shut down my computer as soon as the download has finished. Thing is that he started the countdown like 5 seconds later I did that ...

I think the problem is that my Netgear router really makes things slower. When I start a download (especially from magnet links) it takes a lot before it starts at all.

For example from work I can set the shut-down option without problems (even if I always have to wait that the download actually starts, which usually takes a few seconds so it's not a big deal).

I invite you to try to add a new torrent and quickly set the program to shut down when download is completed. If you do it quick enough I'm pretty sure you'll see what's my problem.

I'm basically suggesting to change the auto shut-down algorithm so that it takes into account the status of the download, rather than if it's actually running already or not.

Archived