sticker and sticker the longer it runs

vinny

hay I have a HP pavilion 700mhz 256ram box runing win. ME using zonealarm security suite. utorrent works fine fore about 1 hower then the computer starts geting sticker and sticker until eather the blue screen of death or nearley compleat freez. R-ram says i have 40% RAMfree on avrige but CPU monitor runs from say 40-100% hanging on 100 for a minet then back down to 40-60% and the computer has all but frozen at 50% CPU with 46% free RAM with no uther programs runing exept ZA. my internet is thrue road runer broad band cable with a RCA model cabel box thingey(wuts it calld)model DCM425 linked to the computer thrue Linksys 10/100 etherfast PCI adapter model LNE100TX. when utorrent's working I have had as mutch as 500+ Kbps download with defalt setings. ONE thing thow i dont know how to take a screen shot if it's neaded pleas explane? I can get around my box but im just a avrig joe not a tec wiz smile

oops forgot to add I realey realey nead the fire wall/AV. my disabeld wife dose the all day freeby sertch thing she cant leav the house and it keeps her frome going krazy. a little off topick i know but it explans my ergense

ya i cant spell eather

O hay! I gust thought of somthing else.I allredey have fedora core 4 instald as a second OS will Utorrent work on this linux distubution? then maby I could download in linux and mount a windows dive. (mount -tvfat /dev/hda1/mnt) and then copy the file thare.

SUCCESS :) :) Utorrent dose work fine with windows ME on a slow box running zone allarm security sweet ver 6.1.744.001 (I must confes it wus my falte) when Utorrent upgrades it's self it turns on Upnp and windows firewall exeptions (witch are for XP onley) so turning off these options (agin) and alowing incoming and outgoing UDP,TCP ports (the one Utorrent's using) as per ULTIMA's instructions for ZA http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=166967#p166967

then using the speed guide ctrl+G set speed to somthing close to your speed test results and VOILA Utorrent has seeded all nite and halfe the day with absolutly no noticable degradation in performance :) when yesterday it wuld have lockedup everything by now! OK now lets find somthing to download and see wut hapens?? will retern with the resalts

OK seeding 2 downing 1 (39 seeds 11 peers 120 KB/s avridg) and evrythigs fine so far. browsing not afected so fine!! HOWEVER--Im geting intermitent disk overload wornings (lower left of Utorrent screen by green lite) disk file is being riten to has 4+GB free and file is onley 278MB. could this be to fast rite speeds if so how to adust?

geting beter did the diskio.write_queue_size to 2000 (4x 500 the absalute best I ever saw wus a burst to 600KB/s) and ive onley seen the diskoverlded worning 2 times for a split second. waras befor it wus every 30 sec. to a minet. suld I kick it up a nuther 1000 or so?

Archived