unusual behavior from uTorrent

tomemozok

Ok,so one day ago,my utorrent started acting weird,closing completely when i press the close button,althou i specified that that should take it to sys tray,and today,it won't show at all,just sit like an active process in the background,sucking some 800 megs of ram,and every time i try to reopen it,it just makes another process that adds another 800 megs siphoned from the ram,and not to mention the load on my processor this makes.I tried everything,from uninstalling,to reinstalling,but every time i open anything associated with utorrent it just opens another process,and acts like i opened utorrent(see above).So,i can't install it again with a new install,i can't uninstall it,and i can't repair it.I tried restarting my pc,but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Same thing is happening to me right now. It just started today.

I can't uninstall utorrent or install a older version, can't open it either.. like tomemozok said, it always results in a utorrent.exe process that takes hundred of MB of RAM and maxes out one of my cpu cores.

using 3.2 beta. I was going to update it to the latest build but the "automatic" update failed (meaning I had to go do it manually). That's when the problem started, I closed utorrent, went to the website to get the new installer and it just loaded utorrent.exe with 300 MB of ram.. no installation popped up..

I'm having the same problem starting yesterday!!!!! Previously everything was fine and running on my pc 24/7 without any problem.Yesterday after i reboot my pc for system refresh the problem has begin and i was unable to start utorrent!!! when i check on task manager it was running in there with high amount of resources... i try end process on it and open up utorrent again yet it still the same problem.

I reboot my pc and decided to uninstall and reinstall new ones.... Guess what!!! same thing happend and i was unable to uninstall it under programs and features.OK FINE!!! Since i cant uninstall it from there so i just delete everything related to utorrent and reboot my system again to make new installation.

And again guess what!!!!! Same thing happend !!!!! the setup hangs awhile when i trying to install it and i waited for sometime to complete the installation.OMG!!!! Still the same again!!!! it was unable to load up and running high amount of resources in task manager.

What is going on ? everything was fine before this and how comes suddenly has this kind of wierd problems come !!! Anyone else having this problem ? Btw i already tested bitcomet and no problems with it on my pc with good speed and stability.So i can comfirm is utorrent having issue on my pc!!!! Btw my system is running on win 7 64bit.

AwesomeSRB wrote:

You just need to go to -> C:\Users\i5\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent , and delete settings.dat and settings.new.dat or something like that and that's it..reinstall utorrent and it will work perfectly

this worked for me too

deleted settings.dat and settings.old.dat

reinstalled and perfect

but u will need to re-establish your directories after

cheers

• 2 months later...

i too got the same issue...done the same process and now it works fine...but all the settings got deleted(lol...coz settings file is deleted)....but the path mentioned is different for 32 bit xp

C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Application Data\uTorrent

Archived