How to restore uTorrent Portable after it reseted?

alexvoda

Hello!

Short version:

-Portable uTorrent 3.0 (25806) - 32bit

-lost all resume.dat and settings.dat data (even .old)

-seeding 300+ torrents + downloading ~30 torrents + some deleted (data only) torrents

-downloads and torrents folder intact

-How to recover from this?

Long version:

For torrenting I used the 32bit portable version of uTorrent 3.0 (25806) from portableapps.com.

At one point got the message:

"Unable to save resume file some data may be lost.

Another program might have the file open or the disk is full. Please correct this and click retry. If u press cancel the resume file will not be saved."

I accidentally clicked cancel and resume data about a few torrents was lost.

After I rebooted and restarted uTorrent, re-added the damaged torrents and it rechecked them. No problems so far.

Unfortunately the next time I closed uTorrent I received the same message and although I closed all other programs it refused every time I clicked retry. Finally I clicked cancel and rebooted.

This time however uTorrent lost everything and even wanted to install in Program Files even though it was already "installed" as a portable version.

The end result is that both resume and settings data is lost (including .old versions).

Now I have a separate "installation" of portable uTorrent 3.1.3 (26837) in a different folder.

I had over 300 torrents that were completed and seeding, ~30 downloading and several torrents for which I deleted only the downloaded data, all in the torrents folder which is intact. The downloads folder is also intact.

How should I recover from this as painlessly as possible?

Is there a way to find out which torrents were deleted so I won't add them again?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived