Changed storage locations to a NAS and UT won't behave.

optimus prime

My original setup :

Eee Pc 701 with a Hdd dock via USB. Worked perfect.

New Setup : Eee Pc with a Dlink DNS-323 via Ethernet.

So I got it all together, backed up UT first, opened up Ut and changed the directories to the new mapped network location. Closed UT down and restarted and while in the setting the new locations are there under the status on each download I have is says : "Error : Can't open .torrent file: J:\Torrent files\xxxxxxx."

I have even copied my .torrent files across to the Eee Pc ( which are stored on the drive as the finished torrents) and still no joy. I can't force start, force re-check, I even tried manaully setting the download location on a few files and it does nothing.

So for some reason it can't see the .torrent files.

The only way I can get it working is to manually reload each torrent file and then re-check each torrent, and with just under 2Tb/ 320 files this will take days.

Any idea's?

Thanks.

I have a similar problem. I was putting my torrent files on C: drive but then purchased 2TB external shared drive. I moved everything over there but now utorrrent can't find the torrent files. I did go into the options preferences and set the location of the torrents to the new drive, but it does not work. I went into advanced on a couple and tried to update that way, but that does not work either (wouldn't be practical anyway to try to update hundreds of torrent directories one at a time). Do I have to unmount and remount the drive?

Ok, I'll try that....but how? What facility does UT have that allows me to tell it where I move the stuff? Guess I need to tell it both where the data files are and also where the torrents are, but I have not seen how to do that. I have another associated problem. Since my 2TB drive requires a security login each time my machine reboots, UT gets pretty irate when it tries to run but can't find my stuff. It goes through the whole list and marks them whith an error message (don't remember the verbage at this time) but it does not update and remove the messages even if I provide the login to the external drive. I am hoping there is a work around for that. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Changes to directory locations in the preferences aren't retroactive to already loaded torrents. You MUST tell uTorrent where you moved the files to.

Yeah I did that for both the downloaded files and the .torrents... The only thing I haven't touched is where to autoload the torrents from, I have always had that blank.

"Set Download Location" in the right-click menu for the task.

Don't move the .torrent files around.

Thats where my problem lays I think. My .torrent files were originally on the thesame storage drive as the completed torrents. Now there is a different drive letter. Maybe, just maybe. If I map the new network storage drive to the same drive letter I had before would this work?

Edit : O.k this worked. Sort of. I remapped the NAS to have the same drive letter as before. Reloaded the backup of uT and restarted it. Nearly all are now working, but around 20 torrents still come up with the same error as before in the status section stating it can't open the .torrent file from the specific location...

I will have to redownload the torrent files for each of the torrent and see what happens.

So in the future i am best to have the .torrent folder on the actual machine doing the downloading? Not on the storage drive?

Thanks.

Edit : I didn't have to redownload the .torrent files, I just reloaded them from the folder they sat in. Its a PITA that I have to do it this way, a force re-check of the trouble files. But atleast I got it working...

Archived