utorrent permacrashing

hans2

since I added a new 3tb harddisk I subscribed to my local torrent website rss feed

utorrent was crashing now and then in the past but now with heavy load its permacrashing all few minutes

this is true for newest beta and stable

e.g. atm i have 176 files to download (together maybe 200g) and its crashing all the time during downloading & checking (gui not responding and no download) when i task out utorrent and restart it it wll simply repeat the crash after few minutes

i tried some disk cashe settings but always same crash

atm workdir is on external hdd with 2,4tb free space (ntfs)

i was testing last stable utorrent too but same bug

ah my rig is i920 with 9g ram win7-64

my internet pipe is 100/2.5

this is true for newest beta and stable

What specific build numbers?

testing now 2.2.1 lastest build

Irrelevant.

µTorrent Stable (3.1.3 build 27060)

µTorrent Beta (3.2 build 27026)

both heavy permacrashing

atm i run 2.2.1 and no crash

utorrent stop working with gui not responding aka freeze

That's not "permacrashing". Permacrashing is launch -> application crash with no other ability to do anything.

Did you purge your settings files yet? no

Are you skipping files in any of your torrents? no

Do you have the partfile enabled? i dont know that so i guess no

Don't mess with the disk cache options.

technical disk cache options shoudl not cause crash on all settings (its only performance effective)

my newest guess is bigger cache size then default 32mb will lead to crash

atm i use default 32mb and it looks fine (with 1800mb was fast crashing)

Firon: It may be his fault - that he tried to identify a bug, 1800MB is a lot less than MaxValue of a 32bit integer. It is also reasonable to expect the software to limit (or refuse to allow) changes above the max (or below the min.) setting. It is doubtful that setting 1800MB caused the crash. There are so may other ways to cause uTorrent to crash (at least as far as the beta is concerned) that the real problem (in his case) has yet to be identified. It would be helpful if uTorrent reimplemented the ability to accept crash dumps; instead of having people post them on a file share and send a link.

i set now the cache limit to 512 mb because the 32mb default limit is not enough bacause my utorrent is permanent 100% disk overload there and download speed is very low

now with 512mb cache setting download speed is 100mbit before with 32mb cache it was 10 to 20 mbit

Archived