System freezes

3w4e5rytfhg

I have version 3.1.3 build 27060 installed on my PC. Win 7 x64.

Once every 1-2 minutes the system frezes up for 5-10 seconds when utorrent is running. I had this problem a few weeks ago and a complete unistall/reinstall fixed the problem. Untill now.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Ironicly I got a blue screen while posting this topic. I guess uTorrent didn't like that I was telling on it. :)

Because bluescreens can't be directly caused by applications that operate entirely in usermode (of which uTorrent is one such)
Right, but the system works perfectly when uTorrent is NOT running. I only get thos 5-10 sec freezes when utorrent is running. The blue screen was the first time in months.

Honestly never been fond of norton, it may be interfering.

Few years ago Norton was crap, but when they rebuild their engine it's now really nice.

There may also be settings you have (relating to skipping files) that are causing the issue.

What or where are those settings?

%appdata%\utorrent and %programfiles%\utorrent need to be completely nuked after uninstall

That's about it really

That didn't work this time.

Norton has improved but I'd still opt for the fire option in my signature. Check with individual component manufacturers for driver updates, starting with networking.

So you are suggesting I remove Norton completely using the removal tool and then reinstall it?

Hmm.

I'm starting to think it was my display driver (AMD Catalyst). I installed the newest version earlier today, and now as I was about to run the Norton Removal Tool I suddenly realized there hasn't been any "freezing" accuring for a looong time. Gonna keep using the computer and report back if it stays unfrozen ;)

Archived