uTorrent kills my internet connection

unhallowed

My internet connection immediately stops as soon as I open uTorrent. I use Windows 7 and my desktop is connected by cable to the wireless router.

This just started happening suddenly. I have to go into Device Manager and disable the ethernet driver, then restart the comp, then re-enable the same ethernet driver. No other way about it.

I'm usually getting just 2-3 files at a time. Incidentally, uTorrent works just fine on my laptop. I didn't change any setting in Preferences.

On the router, I diabled unPnp, but with no new or better results. I have read other similar threads, but they deal with other issues. Please help!

Thanks, but I read that thread up and down. I tried all the settings in the preferences. It mostly deals with speed issues. My problem is that my connection gets completely shut down. As I mentioned, I usually get 2-3 files at a time, a lot of the suggested settings would not affect me.

The strange thing is that my laptop, which also runs on Windows 7, has no problems running uTorrent.

Archived