DeathGrips torrent undeletable

Gyukun

Dear community,

I installed uTorrent a few days ago and I was surprised to see that there was already a torrent ready to be downloaded : DeathGrips etc... Some Music and a video.

I didn't want to dl it so I deleted it. But each time I launch uTorrent, the Deathgrips stuff is here, again.

I tried to "cancel, delete file + torrent" but it doesn't work.

I decided to accept my fate and delete the content. 604 Mo : no big deal.

I thought that once downloaded, it would leave me alone... But it re-launched the torrent.

I'm tired of deleting it each time.

What should I do?

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks for your answer,

Gyukun

Make sure you don't have an rss feed for that particular file..

You can also try to backup and delete the settings.dat, settings.old, resume.dat, resume.old,rss.dat and rss.old files while utorrent is closed.

*Make sure you have no instances of utorrent running in the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) when deleting the above files.

Make sure you don't have an rss feed for that particular file..

You can also try to backup and delete the settings.dat, settings.old, resume.dat, resume.old,rss.dat and rss.old files while utorrent is closed.

*Make sure you have no instances of utorrent running in the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) when deleting the above files.

I am having the EXACT same problem with this deathgrips torrent. Not sure where it came from! I couldn't figure out how to follow the above advice though. How do you backup and delete the settings.dat, settings.old, resume.dat, resume.old,rss.dat and rss.old?? I just don't know how to find those to delete them! Thanks

I found those files here :

C:\Documents and Settings\ [user name]* \Application Data\uTorrent

* your user name, without [ ]

I just closed uTorrent and deleted what looked like "settings.dat, settings.old, resume.dat, resume.old,rss.dat or rss.old" and other ones.

Just get in mind that it will clean your uTorrent from any download.

I had 4 downloads being in progress while I decided to solve the problem, and I didn't want to restart them. So I relaunched (after the big clean up) the 4 .torrent files and uTorrent proceeded to a checking/verification of them and fond back the downloaded data.

Deathgrips never came back. ;)

the DeathGrips torrent was an offer you could pick at download. I actually intentionally downloaded it, because I'm always looking for more music, figured I may as well check these guys out. However, I was really miffed when I found that the torrent kept starting over again, I think even coming up with multiple instances.

Not sure if this is one of those cases where even unchecking the box adds the torrent to your list, or what, but yeah.

Anyway, thanks for the fix! Not sure what OS the C:\Documents and Settings\ [user name]* \Application Data\uTorrent path came from, but I'm on Windows 7, wound up having to find it by doing a search for %AppData% and found it under C:\Users\[user Name]\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

Was kind of upset that my settings got reset, but hey, small price to pay to get rid of that torrent for good :P

Archived