Won't download torrents from a certain site?

maustin

Hi everyone, I've been using uTorrent for ages and never had any problem with it, but today I tried to download a show from an anime torrent site (Bakabt.com) and while the torrent successfully loaded and showed adequate seeds/leeches/availability it just sat there and refused to download. I thought maybe the torrent was blocked to unregistered users but registering an account on the site didn't make any difference, and when I loaded the same torrent into Deluge it started downloading immediately. Is there any precedent for this behavior? 'cause frankly I'm stumped.

As I said I've never had a problem with torrents otherwise, but in case my system settings are relevant I'm running x64 Windows 7 Pro, uTorrent 3.01 and have Nod32 v4 installed. Thanks for any help!

Oh, cool, my uTorrent has been springing a "No new version available" popup for a couple weeks, I guess it's a glitch in the autoupdater or somin. In any case, I updated manually to 3.13 and now it's werking. :) I'm glad, 'cause uTorrent > Deluge for sure. Thanks Dreadmeister.

Archived