Deletion confirmation window question

BalthCat

Hopefully this is in the right place, as I don't find it a bug or "trouble" per se. Searching didn't come up with an answer either...

When I delete, I always want confirmation. I'm paranoid. However I absolutely do not want to see that superfluous rating option. I don't want to rate. I rated once out of curiosity and found the feature ultimately pointless. I disabled the column. I'd like to have it gone completely from the confirmation prompt, but I don't know if it's an option hidden somewhere. (I also dislike the large window size which is unnecessary-I'm staunchly opposed to unnecessary whitespace )

Is there an option to disable that entire part of the dialog?

If not, consider this a request/suggestion for the ability to remove it. Ideally for me it'd be the "Are you sure" and the three options at the bottom (show again, ok, cancel) and it'd be 1/3 the height and 1/2 the width. (See the bit about whitespace)

Isn't there a check box on the rating screen that says Don't Show this again? If you delete multipile torrents it does not show at all. But of course you want it to stop on single torrents.

As I said, I always want confirmation. I always want that window to show. I just don't want it to have that big bloated window with rating information, as I will never use that feature.

As a test, hoping that perhaps it would only stop the large rating-style box, but still prompt for confirmation, I clicked the box. It just automatically deletes. I re-enabled the confirmation windows in uTorrent settings.

The absolute last thing I want is for it to delete things without confirmation.

Additionally, I'm not aware of there being any difference between deleting a single torrent or multiple torrents. I get the confirmation window always, no matter how many torrents I'm deleting.

Ok. I just tried to delete a torrent and canceled. I see what you mean. Just don't enter any information in the rating portion. Some people may want to submit a rating and there is no reason for them to go to another window. You do not like to see the field on the screen - ignore it..

Ok. I just tried to delete a torrent and canceled. I see what you mean. Just don't enter any information in the rating portion. Some people may want to submit a rating and there is no reason for them to go to another window. You do not like to see the field on the screen - ignore it..

I know it's not required. I do not want to ignore it. I do not want to see it. I am asking if it can be hidden, and if it can't, recommending that be an option. Suggestions that I "just ignore it" are unproductive, as I am quite able to figure that that option out on my own.

In fact, I tried what you suggested previously. I found attempting to ignore it unsatisfactory, which is why I'm here hoping someone can help me. (Not to have someone provide incorrect information and then suggest I pretend it's not there.)

There is no one that can help you. The screen is an option. Not the fields on the screen. You can recommend a change - that the field be optional. But I would hope the uTorrent staff would work on the crashes rather than taking valuable time to make a field that you do not want on the screen optional.

Archived