BTGuard with uTorrent

trueboss926

Hello,

I am quite new here to the forums. I have just recently signed up for BTGuard's VPN service to avoid conflicts with my ISP and DMCA. I know that BTGuard is P2P friendly , so if they received a DMCA notice email, then I don't think they'll do anything about it and they'll just continue my service. I have went on various IP sites and checked and made sure that my IP was changed for sure. And so the DMCA people really can't find me. Has anyone ever used BTGuard before, please tell me how well it does in protecting yourself, have you gotten any notices? I am also thinking of using PeerBlock with BTGuard and I've read the FAQ that peer block is unnecessarily since my whole internet connection is secured, but I would like to install it anyway since i think it would add even more protection along with BTGuard since it blocks out most IPs and secures my internet connection, but I'm not sure. So anyway, i would like to know what you guys think of this, will i be able to download my torrents in peace with BTGuard or is there more bullshit that I have to put up through?

You don't need peer block if your using a vpn or proxy. Peerblock is pretty much useless these days anyway as their list of IP's isn't that up to date. You should be good with btguard, I used them for the last year no prob. I Recently switched over to TorGuard and currently use a proxy and vpn to be on the safe side. Comcast is my ISP so I'm not taking any chances...

Archived