µTorrent Mac 1.7.12 beta with Issue Reporting

Firon

We introduced the "Report an Issue" feature that will help find and fix more bugs before stable release and in future. Hope that you will find it useful and our communication will be even more productive. If anything troubles you, try it: go Menu -> Help -> Report an Issue.

Feature and UI improvements are continued. Localization support is coming to the translation system, with the plan of having as many languages for Mac as we do for the Windows client.

PPC support is now officially dropped. The last supported version for PPC users will be 1.6.

Download it now!

Release Notes:

• Prevent system from sleep option
  • Mountain Lion support
  • Auto-shutdown functionality
  • Localization support (Russian only for now)
  • Queuing improvements
  • PPC support has been dropped

Changelog:

Changes in 1.7.12 (28240):

- Fix: incorrect location of downloaded torrents

- Fix: uTorrent sometimes opens two windows after clicking on the 'Show in Finder' icon

- Stability improvements

Changes in 1.7.11 (28194):

- Improved UTP support

Changes in 1.7.10 (28133):

- Fixed bug with setting download folder

- Various bug fixes and stability improvements

Changes in 1.7.9 (28032):

- Stability improvements

Changes in 1.7.8 (28004):

- Fixed code signature for Mountain Lion

- Various bug fixes

Changes in 1.7.7 (27983):

- Added Mountain Lion notifications

- Added prevent system from sleep option

- Added option to report issues directly from client

- Fixed Cyrillic symbols display in WebUI and uTorrent Remote

- Various bug fixes and stability improvements

Changes in 1.7.6 (27691):

- Fixed 3D Globe toolbar button

- Fixed crash in 3D Globe

Changes in 1.7.5 (27625):

- Added support for BitTorrent certified devices

- Renamed extension for incomplete files into .utpart

- Fixed bug with download speed dropping to zero

- Added code signature for Mountain Lion

- Improved 3D Globe graphics

Changes in 1.7.4 (27427):

- Added Spotlight search

- Added 3D Globe feature

- Added append !ut extension for uncompleted downloads

- Added Finder icon with download progress for incompleted files

- Extended Autoshutdown feature

Changes in 1.7.3 (27323):

- Added Quick Look of downloaded files

- Implemented search in list of torrents and RSS

- Fixed displaying speed limit in torrent menu

- Various bug fixes

Changes in 1.7.2 (27177)

Various UI and bug fixes

Stability improvements from the last version

Fixed bug with displaying torrent details after resolving magnet link

Fixed crash in Add Torrent dialog

Fixed memory leaks

Changes in 1.7.1 (27130)

Added Russian localization

Added Autoshutdown feature

Added Queue up and down icons as customizable options

Added menu items for Start All / Stop All transfers

Added location history to Create Torrent dialog

Various UI and bug fixes

End of PowerPC support

Fixed crash on Leopard during application launching

Fixed crash when adding broken magnet link

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a small bug that has been in several versions now. The Resolve IPs in the Peers tab works the opposite way it's supposed to.

If you select/tick it the ips are not resolved. If it is not ticked all ips are resolved.

Hello,

The .torrent files become .torrent.imported if "Automatically load torrent from" option is enabled and torrents have been added to uTorrent from specific autoload folder you have chosen. In this case only the .torrent files become .torrent.imported.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Changes in 1.7.4 (27427):

- Added append !ut extension for uncompleted downloads

The use of the "!" in a file extension is a bad idea because it causes huge problems working from the command line. Try something more appropriate like ".part".

Hey guys,

How do I turn on the 3D Globe screensaver? It's not in the system preferences, I don't see any toggle in the uTorrent prefs and when I look inside the .app file, there is no screensaver either.

Thanks.

___I found it

Hey guys,

How do I turn on the 3D Globe screensaver? It's not in the system preferences, I don't see any toggle in the uTorrent prefs and when I look inside the .app file, there is no screensaver either.

Thanks.

___I found it

You can turn on it by clicking on 3D Globe button wich is located on the uTorrent Toolbar. If there is no such button you can perform right click on the toolbar, choose "Customize Toolbar" and drag 3D Globe button into the toolbar.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you very much for your work!

Is it possible to add a function: Prevent computer from sleeping with active transfers?

It would be very cool! Sorry for my English.

+1 to this, I been having this in the stable release, but only after I updated to the 1.6.4, I believe it was working before but I can't recall ...

* There's some layout issue with the newly introduced "Up/Down Queue" toolbar buttons. They look fine in the preview window, as soon I drag them they look like old Mac OS 10.1 buttons and when dropped in the toolbar their size is off (they are not heigh enough to match the other buttons).

* "Shutdown when Downloads Complete" sounds really odd. I'm not a native English speaker, but I think this needs some improvements. Also it should be "Shut Down" (see Mac OS X's Apple menu). Nonetheless I would prefer if this menu item label was somehow shorter, looks really odd. :)

Maybe it simply could say "Shut Down when Complete"? Right now it seems to advocate to run away from the torrent once the download is complete and do not seed back properly as the sharing community expects. :cool:

* How do I remove this ugly "3D Globe" icon (that doesn't match any of the other buttons style-wise) from the toolbar? This button from hell is always coming back once I restart the application. I already clicked it and hit the "No thanks" button to 'deactivate' it (similar like the ugly "Survey" link could be deactivated that appears sometimes in the toolbar), but that didn't work either.

* in the "µTorrent" menu it says "Hide uTorrent" (uses an 'u' instead the 'µ'),

* It's still a real pain to open the "Details Pane", there used to be a easy to hit button once upon a time. Now one has to try to find the little 1px dragging space. I always need like 1 minute to get it open that way. I know there's a menu item, but that's not where one usually looks when trying to do such kind of action (The menu item could have a shortcut, BTW, that could be handy too, I guess)

* The application filename is also "uTorrent.app" instead "µTorrent.app" (also matters for proper appearance of the application name in the Dock, f.ex.), maybe could be fixed too (But I guess there's probably some issues with the build system then when special characters are contained in the filename, or?)

* It would be nice if the "Create New Torrent" window could remember the tracker(s) and other options. I repeatedly have to re-enter the same stuff over and over again.

* The buttons in the "Create New Torrent" window do not follow Apple's style guide... should be "Add File..." instead "Add file...", etc. (aka proper title case needs to be applied)

OK, I played around further a bit in my try to remove the 3D Globe button from the toolbar and let it download its additional data. The progress bar completed (100% full), but the window never closed or said "done" or anything like that. Now when I click the 3D Globe button I get an empty window (really nothing in it) with the title "Window". Nothing happens at all — is that how it's supposed to work? No idea. I don't get the "screensaver" bit.

Still, the button can't be removed permanently. As soon the application is restarted it's back in the toolbar.

Also I'm still experiencing this old problem I reported for an earlier version:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=120278

Random requesters are popping up when I switch the labels of the torrents.

Another more serious problem I'm encountering with the new version is that it sometimes get stuck (had this effect now for the 3rd time). Not sure how to describe it. In the UI everything looks normal, one even can change labels, set options and such.

But the torrents (e.g. speed information) don't update, just show some kind of past state and there's no network traffic (-> Activity Monitor) while µTorrents UI still suggest there is (just not updating). Even stopping+restating torrents doesn't seem to fix this effect. One has to Force Quit the application (normal Quit is stuck too). After the restart one often has old (already deleted) torrents back in the queue and new ones might be missing, or label information is reset, etc.

I had an issue running 1.7.5 on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Every half an hour or so the tracker would try to update but it would remain like this indefinitely. I was unable to seed anything until I restarted utorrent. I had the issue for a couple of days. I have since reverted back to 1.6.5 but I think I will be going back to 1.5.13 since 1.6.x doesn't appear to ban peers who send bad data.

I had an issue running 1.7.5 on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Every half an hour or so the tracker would try to update but it would remain like this indefinitely. I was unable to seed anything until I restarted utorrent. I had the issue for a couple of days. I have since reverted back to 1.6.5 but I think I will be going back to 1.5.13 since 1.6.x doesn't appear to ban peers who send bad data.

This bug had been fixed in 1.7.5 only.

Thanks!

Archived