µTorrent Mac 1.7.12 beta with Issue Reporting

Firon

OK, I played around further a bit in my try to remove the 3D Globe button from the toolbar and let it download its additional data. The progress bar completed (100% full), but the window never closed or said "done" or anything like that. Now when I click the 3D Globe button I get an empty window (really nothing in it) with the title "Window". Nothing happens at all — is that how it's supposed to work? No idea. I don't get the "screensaver" bit.

Still, the button can't be removed permanently. As soon the application is restarted it's back in the toolbar.

Also I'm still experiencing this old problem I reported for an earlier version:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=120278

Random requesters are popping up when I switch the labels of the torrents.

Could you please specify actions you performed before 3D Globe downloading?

Thanks!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you please specify actions you performed before 3D Globe downloading?

Thanks!

Not exactly. But basically I just pressed the 3D Globe button (that one that can't be removed from the toolbar for some odd reason :( ) and followed the steps. Just normal stuff like a user does. :)

Another more serious problem I'm encountering with the new version is that it sometimes get stuck (had this effect now for the 3rd time). Not sure how to describe it. In the UI everything looks normal, one even can change labels, set options and such.

But the torrents (e.g. speed information) don't update, just show some kind of past state and there's no network traffic (-> Activity Monitor) while µTorrents UI still suggest there is (just not updating). Even stopping+restating torrents doesn't seem to fix this effect. One has to Force Quit the application (normal Quit is stuck too). After the restart one often has old (already deleted) torrents back in the queue and new ones might be missing, or label information is reset, etc.

I'm not entirely sure, but this might happen when one deletes the downloaded file with Finder (dragging to Trash and try to Empty Trash) while µTorrent is still seeding it and has a lock on the file (active peers). Basically the Empty Trash function of Finder complains that the file is still in use... in this situation µTorrent seems to get stuck (maybe because the file moved from its original location to the Trash location or such). But I'm not 100% sure... will try to check next time when I need to delete a file that I'm still seeding. So just some wild idea.

But the 'stuck problem' is really nasty. :/

/edit

Nope, unrelated to this. It just happened again without me deleting any file. I just stopped some torrents and then it got stuck. Interestingly the ETA continues to count down.

Is this problem going to be addressed in the next beta? Seems nobody else encounters it? Perhaps only happens on Leopard?

/edit

Nope, unrelated to this. It just happened again without me deleting any file. I just stopped some torrents and then it got stuck. Interestingly the ETA continues to count down.

Is this problem going to be addressed in the next beta? Seems nobody else encounters it? Perhaps only happens on Leopard?

It seems to happen when I switch the torrent lists (e.g. from "No Label" list to the torrent list with "Foobar" label) and then quickly change the sorting of the Peers and/or Speed columns (which I do frequently to see which torrents I seed are active and such).

In the Console following error is dumped then:

8/11/12 6:43:04 PM uTorrent[45650] *** -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:]: index (0) beyond bounds (0)

All network activity drops to zero and then download/ upload speed informations etc. doesn't update anymore (only ETA continues to count down).

On a related note... when I have a torrent selected and change the sorting of the "Peers" column multiple times then the "Torrent Properties" window for the selected torrent opens up unexpectedly. This is similar issue like the popping up of unrelated windows when assigning a new label to a torrent, I guess (see my earlier reports.)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your great work on the software! I would suggest the following two features:

1. Ability to pause torrents. This would make stopping and resuming torrents easier as users won't have to manually select the running torrents first.

2. Ability to stop/pause and resume torrents from the contextual menu of the dock icon.

Hope to see these features soon. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Just been giving 27983 a try and I checked my status at my fav torrent site (Dime) and I got this : "protocol error 4" "no/erroneous BT client listening". My port is 64514 btw.

I shall add I have "flat stats" = barely any trafic, be it up or down.

I'm back to the primitive but super-reliable version #18975 This one is a true seeding monster! :P

It can find the only guy on Earth who wants what you've got on your Mac! :lol:

(OSX 10.6.8 user)

Hi,

Code signature for Mountain Lion have been broken in current uTorrent beta, it will be fixed in a few days.

You can run current uTorrent 1.7.7 on Mountain Lion but you need to go to System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> General tab and choose "Allow applications downloaded from:" Anywhere.

Thanks for understanding!

Hi,

What is your OS version?

Hi,

I am running 10.8.2. I tried the method you suggested and it worked.

BTW, I am running it on Retina Macbook, and the pixelation is quite noticeable. Should I suggest a feature to rebuilt the icons, taking into consideration higher resolution of the rMBP, or is it already done?

I've been having an issue since at least 1.7.7 where manually downloaded torrents get sent to the root of my user folder instead of the location set in the "Put new downloads in" setting. I use the "Automatically load torrents from" setting, and that seems to put them in the correct location.

Currently running utorrent 1.7.9 on Mac OSX 10.7.4

Hi,

I hope I can help you solve this problem.

You have written: "where manually downloaded torrents get sent to the root of my user folder instead of the location set in the "Put new downloads in" setting."

"Put new downloads in" is not designed to store .torrent.

Downloaded .torrent file send to the folder indicated in the "Store torrents in:" setting.

What's about "Automatically load torrents from".

Downloaded .torrent won't sent to the folder, They was send to download from the folder if they are here.

Hi,

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but my uTorrent beta never notifies me about new beta releases and it doesn't even work when I manually check for updates in the menu bar. Yes, I have beta updates enabled in my uT preferences.

Thanks for your help and making a great software.

Hi,

I think there is a bug regarding the Download folders for completed and incomplete software. After upgrading to 1.7.7 and 1.7.9, the new downloads are not saved in the configured folder although it's in the uTorrent preferences.

I'm using OS X 10.8.2 with uTorrent 1.7.9, the default folder is "Downloads" and I have configured "Complete" (completed downloads) and "Incomplete" (new downloads).

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Hi,

Could you please try to delete uTorrent setting and run it again?

But if you have torrent files loaded before in uTorrent client and

want to save it you need go to your folder where torrents are located and

copy all torrent files from this folder to another directory.

After that you need to delete uTorrent folder from Application Support ( run it from Terminal: rm -rf Library/Application\ Support/uTorrent/ ) and

uTorrent.plist file from your Preferences ( run it from Terminal: rm Library/Preferences/com.bittorrent.uTorrent.plist ).

Then run uTorrent again and let us know if it will help.

Thanks!

Hi,

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but my uTorrent beta never notifies me about new beta releases and it doesn't even work when I manually check for updates in the menu bar. Yes, I have beta updates enabled in my uT preferences.

Thanks for your help and making a great software.

Autoupdate is turn off now. It will be turned on soon.

Thanks!

Hi,

Could you please try to delete uTorrent setting and run it again?

But if you have torrent files loaded before in uTorrent client and

want to save it you need go to your folder where torrents are located and

copy all torrent files from this folder to another directory.

After that you need to delete uTorrent folder from Application Support ( run it from Terminal: rm -rf Library/Application\ Support/uTorrent/ ) and

uTorrent.plist file from your Preferences ( run it from Terminal: rm Library/Preferences/com.bittorrent.uTorrent.plist ).

Then run uTorrent again and let us know if it will help.

Thanks!

I've uninstalled and removed all settings of uTorrent, and after reinstalling it's still placing the downloads in the root of my user folder.

Archived