µTorrent Mac 1.7.12 beta with Issue Reporting

Firon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I'm getting this bug like for last 5 months, never got a chance to report it...

So I have enabled "Put new Downloads in:" and it is set to /Users/[my current user]/uTorrent_Down/

When new torrents gets added from the Feed(automatically), uTorrent starts to download it, as soon as it gets to the part where it must write first piece to the disk, I get this error in the status: "Status: Error: WriteToDisk: Permission denied" and download halts.

When I right click on that torrent>Advanced>Set Download Location and set it to /Users/[my current user]/uTorrent_Down/ (exactly same folder) and try to download again, it downloads fine. The "uTorrent_Down" folder is not locked, and my user is the owner and has read & write privileges.

I never get this problem when I add torrents manually or though the magnet, so I guess it is Feed related.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm currently on the latest version: 1.7.10

Hi,

Thanks for reporting!

We cant reproduce this issue, could you please help us?

You need:

1) go to Help->"Report an Issue"

2) fill out the forms (please enter your email as well)

3) click "Report the bug"

4) start download anything to get this error

5) wait for 3 min while uTorrent collects the information and sends report to us

This should help us.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I still have the same file save location in 1.7.11. When you select a directory, the files are stored in the directory above that.

So /home/frank/Movies => saved in /home/frank

/home/frank/Movies/My Movie => saved in /home/frank/Movies

I'm having the same issue in 1.7.12, with downloads via Smart Feed.

I still have the same file save location in 1.7.11. When you select a directory' date=' the files are stored in the directory above that.

So /home/frank/Movies => saved in /home/frank

/home/frank/Movies/My Movie => saved in /home/frank/Movies[/quote']

I'm having the same issue in 1.7.12, with downloads via Smart Feed.

I'm having the same issue in 1.7.12, although it seems only magnet downloads are going into home directory instead of home/Downloads directory. Regular torrent files seem to be working just fine.

Tested by grabbing a magnet link off TPB, download appears in my ~andrew/ directory. Grabbed a regular torrent file from fedoraproject.org download appears in my ~andrew/Downloads directory as it should.

Hope this helps pinpoint the problem!

• 2 months later...

Archived